2 Up Printing

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

brentbond

2 Up Printing

Post by brentbond »

I want to print "save the date" cards through custom reports. The stock is 2 up Avery postcards (2 postcards on each 8.5 x 11 sheet). The cards will each contain Family Member Mailing Name, Address, and City State Zip information on each. How do I "group" the data in Custom Reports Page Setup Data Grouping so the page prints 2 different Mailing Names per sheet rather than the same Mailing Name printed twice (then the 2nd Mailing Name printed twice on the next sheet, etc)?

----- Brent -----

Jeff
Program Development
Program Development

Re: 2 Up Printing

Post by Jeff »

You need to create a column report. Under the file menu there is an option that says page layout. (I am doing this from memory so it might not be exact) set up the page for 2 columns. You can adjust the band height so that only one record prints per column.

brentbond

Post by brentbond »

I should have been more detailed. By 2-up I meant that the stock that I am using has 2 cards on it per page. 1 on the top half and 1 on the bottom half. Basically I have 1 column with 2 rows. Your suggestion would definitely work with 2 columns but I really only have 1.

----- Brent -----

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

brentbond wrote:I should have been more detailed. By 2-up I meant that the stock that I am using has 2 cards on it per page. 1 on the top half and 1 on the bottom half. Basically I have 1 column with 2 rows. Your suggestion would definitely work with 2 columns but I really only have 1.

----- Brent -----
Have you tried printing in Landscape rather than portrait ?? That may work ... I haven't tried it, but its worth a test if nothing else.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

brentbond

Post by brentbond »

Yep I tried variations of landscape and that still doesnt do it. I know that what I am trying is possible because the canned PC+ program that does 3x5 cards does 2-up printing.

----- Brent -----

Jeff
Program Development
Program Development

Post by Jeff »

If they are top and bottom, you will need to adjust the height of the band to the height of the card. You might also need to set the band to a constant height so it doesn't grow in size.