Office holder reports

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

John Dykema

Office holder reports

Post by John Dykema »

I don't think I've ever seen a question about this screen. I'm thinking of revamping the way we keep track of elders and deacons and how they serve. Instead of using Code fields, and Date fields I want to change this by utilizing the Maintain Offices Served screen. When I try to generate a custom report I don't find the 'Serve from' and 'Serve to' dates in the filter list. Am I just missing them?
Thanks.

Tracy
Program Development
Program Development

Re: Office holder reports

Post by Tracy »

I don't believe the information about offices served has ever been available in the custom reports modules.
Tracy

John Dykema

Post by John Dykema »

Bummer. Well, could you please put a request on the wish list to include the serve dates in the custom reports filter? Our custom reports of elders and deacons have much more info than the 'canned' report shows and our format is very different. I currently have to use the Date fields to record the date served in order to get it into a custom report. Maybe the multiple start/end serve dates would pose a problem?
Thanks.

Zorak
Tech Support
Tech Support

Post by Zorak »

I think that would end up having to be a separate "area" of Activities & Skills custom reports, like there is in Contributions (posted, unposted, pledges). Currently, there is only one record per person in the Activities custom reports. You are correct, having a person serve multiple periods/offices in the same activity would break the current data structure. Also, you don't have to be a current member of the activity to be an office holder, so that is another difficulty in reporting on offices served from the current Activities custom reports system.

This would be a nice change, since the Export To Access MDB utility is currently the only way to report on these things, but the scope of this change is probably way too big for a Maintenance Release, so chances are not good, as I see it.

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

I know where John is coming from on this, as we're in a Presbyterian church, where the elders & deacons serve three year terms, and can serve multiple terms.

This may be a consideration for the database design for v12 !!
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

John Dykema

Post by John Dykema »

That's the way our church works too, Neil. We actually have a 3 in, 3 out policy.
Meanwhile we'll just do it the way we currently do. Thanks.

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

John Dykema wrote:That's the way our church works too, Neil. We actually have a 3 in, 3 out policy.
Meanwhile we'll just do it the way we currently do. Thanks.
PC(USA) has a two terms, 1 year off policy, which can be adjusted by the Presbytery for a small church as needed.

Of course, then you have the a 3 years on, and never nominate again policy for some officers :lol:
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.