Activitie Range

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

slamjames2

Activitie Range

Post by slamjames2 »

When we are trying to select a range of activities to print we come accross the following problem.

we go under membership/attendance/reports/attendance register form, we will get the following problem.

when you try to select the first activity range and click ok we get another activity number (not the one we want). for example we will pick activity number 3090 (10th graders) and we will get activity number 805 (teachers). When we hand type in the number, it works fine.

I just checked with my secretary and she said that it actually happens in any area we will get the same problem. Any ideas?

NeilZ

Re: Activitie Range

Post by NeilZ »

slamjames2 wrote:When we are trying to select a range of activities to print we come accross the following problem.

we go under membership/attendance/reports/attendance register form, we will get the following problem.

when you try to select the first activity range and click ok we get another activity number (not the one we want). for example we will pick activity number 3090 (10th graders) and we will get activity number 805 (teachers). When we hand type in the number, it works fine.

I just checked with my secretary and she said that it actually happens in any area we will get the same problem. Any ideas?
My suggestion is to do a reindex of all the files, then try again to see if it happens.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

slamjames2

Post by slamjames2 »

that seemed to do it. why did I have to reindex the files?

Zaphod
Program Development
Program Development

Post by Zaphod »

Indexes on data tables work kind of like an index in the back of a book. They speed up searches, and make sure you get the information you're looking for in the most direct manner. Now, imagine you started editing that book, making changes, adding new pages, deleting pages, and then trying to use that same index to find what you're looking for.

That's a simplified explaination, but it's a good analogue.
PowerChurch Software Technical Support
(800) 486-1800
http://www.powerchurch.com/