Question on setting a count on a group.

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

NeilZ

Question on setting a count on a group.

Post by NeilZ »

Hi all ... I had a report that worked fine before version 9 , where I had setup a retrieval to pull second, third and fourth time visitors based on the attendance records. I had setup the grouping, and was counting the group based on a the attendance status data item.

The variable created in the system was called cnt_status. Before, it counted how many times a person attended, and if they matched or exceeded the number of times set (2, 3 or 4), they would be selected for print displaying the number of times attended. I just verified this on my version 8 and version 8.5 setups.

Now, the count is not working correctly at all. If someone attended 1 time, the number displayed is 1456, if someone attended more than one, it comes to something like 2340. So everyone appears on the list since the number exceeds 2, 3 or 4 ...

Wha' happened !!
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

Jeff
Program Development
Program Development

Post by Jeff »

We recently found an error in the join condition for Attendance custom reports. I think it will fix the problem you are experiencing. The next MR is in testing now and we hope to release it Monday or Tuesday.

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

Jeff wrote:We recently found an error in the join condition for Attendance custom reports. I think it will fix the problem you are experiencing. The next MR is in testing now and we hope to release it Monday or Tuesday.
Thanks Jeff ... please make sure the testers include doing a 'group count' before release :wink:
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

NeilZ wrote:
Jeff wrote:We recently found an error in the join condition for Attendance custom reports. I think it will fix the problem you are experiencing. The next MR is in testing now and we hope to release it Monday or Tuesday.
Thanks Jeff ... please make sure the testers include doing a 'group count' before release :wink:
Good news, the fix worked. Thanks guys and gals !!
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

jeffkoke

Post by jeffkoke »

NeilZ wrote:
NeilZ wrote:
Good news, the fix worked. Thanks guys and gals !!
What's that scripture? "Do not be unequally yoked together." 8)

Jeff
Jeff
--
Jeff Koke, KK4SN
Great Bridge Church of God
Chesapeake VA
"Every Father should remember that one day his
children will follow his example instead of his advice."