How can I change my bottom margine?

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

piglit

How can I change my bottom margine?

Post by piglit »

I am using PC+ v11.1 on a Windows XP pro machine. I have created a custome report which will print name tags for people who have been tagged and it prints a logo on the name tag. My problem is that I cannot change the bottom margin. So, my labels only print 8 to a sheet instead of 10. When I go into Page Setup the section for margines is grayed out. Any suggestions? :?

Zorak
Tech Support
Tech Support

Re: How can I change my bottom margine?

Post by Zorak »

What is the height of the Detail band? Is it possible that the height of the label face as it currently sits will only fit 8 per page?

In the custom report, there is a page header and page footer band. Shrink these band heights up to zero, if your label sheet doesn't have top and bottom margins. Otherwise, double click the mouse on the band to bring up the Properties screen and type in the height you want it to be.

piglit

Post by piglit »

I did all that and it did not help.
Just solved the problem. I had to change the printer to a non-inkjet printer. Prints fine on laser printer or Canon copier/printer. When I switch back to inkjet it forces the bottom labels to the next page. Go figure! :roll:

Tracy
Program Development
Program Development

Post by Tracy »

Most ink jet printers need 1/2 an inch to hold onto the paper while printing. If your labels are within that required margin, they won't print. I've seen a couple that needed nearly 3/4 of an inch.
Tracy