Filter selection does not reflect local date names.

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

NeilZ

Filter selection does not reflect local date names.

Post by NeilZ »

Hi ..

Hate to drop this on you, but the custom report filters are not showing the locally created names for the personal profile dates and codes, as well as the family mailing list codes. :(

I'm seeing codes in the filter list that were possibly created by a developer or tester, but that should have been switched off prior to the last build. I used to have these type of variable settings for testing defaults in the programs I would develop, but then comment out the code at build so the standard variable names or values would appear.

As you can tell, its confusing when you're trying to put together a report using what we call a 'gain code', and all you're finding is 'member since'. It wouldn't be so bad if the name was set for the same date but, of course, its not !!
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

Jeff
Program Development
Program Development

Post by Jeff »

Opps, I forgot to include a file in the last MR that trips rebuilding the data dictionary with your local fields. You can fix this by going to File -> Preferences -> Personal Profiles Setup. Just click the OK button, the custom reports data dictionary will be updated with your field names.

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

Jeff wrote:Opps, I forgot to include a file in the last MR that trips rebuilding the data dictionary with your local fields. You can fix this by going to File -> Preferences -> Personal Profiles Setup. Just click the OK button, the custom reports data dictionary will be updated with your field names.
Thanks Jeff for that tip. Never fails, we always forget something in a build !! :D
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.