CUSTOM DIRECTORY

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

binkleychurch

CUSTOM DIRECTORY

Post by binkleychurch »

I have been unsuccessful in creating a useful custom church directory using the posted instructions, and have received a quote from Powerchurch for production of a custom directory for our church. However, before making the decision to have them create it, I would be most interested in hearing from other churches about their level satisfaction with PC's custom work, and about the utility and user-friendliness of the directory they received. Is there anyone out there who would be willing to share their thoughts on this? I'd be most appreciative.

NeilZ

Re: CUSTOM DIRECTORY

Post by NeilZ »

binkleychurch wrote:I have been unsuccessful in creating a useful custom church directory using the posted instructions, and have received a quote from Powerchurch for production of a custom directory for our church. However, before making the decision to have them create it, I would be most interested in hearing from other churches about their level satisfaction with PC's custom work, and about the utility and user-friendliness of the directory they received. Is there anyone out there who would be willing to share their thoughts on this? I'd be most appreciative.
FWIW ... I've always used the built-in directory and have created the directory using the instructions, but I can tell you about the staff and their commitment to the customer.

They will not rest until you are satisfied.

(opinion mode on)

That said, if you give them a set of requirements, and they build the report to that, and then you decide to change the requirements, as a retired programmer I can tell you what I would do, that's a change order and I would let you know what it would cost to change the report. I'm not saying that they would do so, but that I would as a programmer, as it would cost me time and money.

So, my advice, make sure of what the requirements are, be specific on how you want the directory to appear to people. Not sure what you mean by 'user friendliness' and 'utility' when it comes to a report that you basically asked for. That should be something that you consider before you issue the requirements.
(opinion mode off)
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.