Current Fiscal Month

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

TallyMann

Current Fiscal Month

Post by TallyMann »

I am writing a custom report in the Accounting portion of PowerChurch and would like to include the current fiscal month and year in the title block. Is there a set variable I can use to display this?

Zoe
Tech Support
Tech Support

Post by Zoe »

There is an ouput field called 'Fiscal Month' that contains the 4 digit accounting month and year. To include this field in your report, go to Edit Ouput Fields and pick 'Fiscal Month' to include in the query. You will then be able to show that field on your report.
PowerChurch Software Technical Support

Zoe
Tech Support
Tech Support

Post by Zoe »

This may need a little more clarification. The 'Fiscal Month' field isn't going to reflect your current fiscal month, rather it shows the fiscal month for a particular transaction. So, let's say you are on a calendar year and you are running a report and choose to filter on Fiscal Month = 0310 (October 2003), but your current month is 0311 (November 2003). Every transaction in the report would have 0310 as the fiscal month and your current fiscal month is not represented. Sorry about any confusion. :roll:

TallyMann

Post by TallyMann »

I failed to say that I was running a custom accounting report using the "Totals" part of the custom report writer. I actaually want to find the last fiscal month represented in the totals data. In other words, I want to make a report of the totals of all accounts (whether or not there has been any activity) and I want to indicate the latest fiscal month (or the maximum fiscal month) of all the entries making those totals so I can date stamp the report (as close as possible).

Zoe
Tech Support
Tech Support

Post by Zoe »

Hmmm...well nothing in the Totals section contains the fiscal month and I'm not sure how you could use the data available to get the current fiscal month. It may be something that needs to be hardcoded and modified.