Including kids in Custom Directory

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

dicksmith

Including kids in Custom Directory

Post by dicksmith »

I want to create a Custom Directory that's just like the Pictorial Directory (PD) included with PC+ v11.1, but without all the personal info like addresses, phones, emails, etc. I assume there's no way to modify the code for the PD, is that correct? Anyway, I'm stumped to include the kids in a family like the PD does, on a line under the parents name that says (kid1, kid2, kid3) etc. The kids have their own separate profile entries, and I can't figure how to group them with the parents for the directory. Can anyone help?

Zara
Tech Support
Tech Support

Re: Including kids in Custom Directory

Post by Zara »

If you are new to Custom Reports and want to learn how to use the different features of Custom Reporting, a good place to start is on our web site on the Custom Report Writer Examples page from the PowerChurch Software Support page: http://www.powerchurch.com/customreports/examples/
When you click on the link for each example, you are taken to the instruction page where you can print it, if you like, and follow the step-by-step instructions. There is one for ‘Pictorial Directory’ which you can modify as you like; keep the info you want to display, not include the info you don’t, but I would complete it as is so you can see what the end results are. Then you can copy the report and modify the copy to what you want.

If custom reporting is something you are interested in, I suggest trying them all. They are all different and will give you some experience in varied areas of custom report writing.