Three Column Report

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

arcluv

Three Column Report

Post by arcluv »

Is it possible to make a report that would have 3 columns, and loop the information alphabetically from column 1 to column 2 to column 3 and then continue on the next page?

NeilZ

Re: Three Column Report

Post by NeilZ »

arcluv wrote:Is it possible to make a report that would have 3 columns, and loop the information alphabetically from column 1 to column 2 to column 3 and then continue on the next page?
May I ask, what are you trying to do?
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

arcluv

Post by arcluv »

I am trying to make a list for our congregation of eligible nominees for our annual elections. The filters for the report are just that they are an active member and they are over age 21. I would just like to configure the report so that the information appears in three columns per page instead of having 9 pages with just one column on each, but I can't figure out if there is a way to 'loop' the information to another column...

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

arcluv wrote:I am trying to make a list for our congregation of eligible nominees for our annual elections. The filters for the report are just that they are an active member and they are over age 21. I would just like to configure the report so that the information appears in three columns per page instead of having 9 pages with just one column on each, but I can't figure out if there is a way to 'loop' the information to another column...
Well .. all you can do is extract the data, save it to a Word document, then manipulate it there.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

Zorak
Tech Support
Tech Support

Post by Zorak »

You can define the number of columns in the custom report by going into the Report Designer, then go to File > Page Setup. Set the number of columns, then check the "Left to right" option instead of "Top to bottom"

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

Zorak wrote:You can define the number of columns in the custom report by going into the Report Designer, then go to File > Page Setup. Set the number of columns, then check the "Left to right" option instead of "Top to bottom"
Aha .. will that flow the data ??
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

Zorak
Tech Support
Tech Support

Post by Zorak »

yep