Custom Reports and Unposted Transactions

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

garygaryj

Custom Reports and Unposted Transactions

Post by garygaryj »

Quick question - is it possible to include Unposted Transactions on a Custom Report?

For instance, I want to create a custom report to get the details of Transfers (we use the more complex set-up in the 9000 range.) But I'm finding that if my query for the custom report is based on finding "Transfer" in the account description, that will find the lines, but not the amounts if the transactions are not yet posted.

And yet, one hope was to be able to see such a report before doing a Posting of the transactions, so the Finance team at church could see and approve for posting.

Zorak
Tech Support
Tech Support

Re: Custom Reports and Unposted Transactions

Post by Zorak »

In Versions 9 and higher of PowerChurch Plus, the custom reports in Fund Accounting don't have any transaction detail. It is only accounts, balances, and budgets.

garygaryj

Post by garygaryj »

Thanks, Zorak.

So, can we put in a suggestion for having a "canned" report in the Fund Accounting that would detail out the Transfers in a nice report, and allow the same kind of selections for parameters that other reports have, such as including the unposted transactions?

I would think this would be a desirable report not just by our church, but by many. Thanks for considering.

Zorak
Tech Support
Tech Support

Post by Zorak »

What kind of details would you want to see? The Journal Report and Account Activity and things like that allow you to select by the account number range, which would let you limit them down to only 9000 accounts , or a specified range of 9000 accounts.

garygaryj

Post by garygaryj »

Let me do some discovery with our church treasurer, and see what it might look like. Thanks for the other suggestions.