Need list of definitions 4 Financial Fields in Cust Reports

Post by gtackett »

I am trying to generate a custom financial report whose headings are:

Annual Budget
YTD Budget
YTD Expenses
Monthly Budget
Monthly Expenses

Of all the budget type fields available in the custom report generator, here are the ones that might apply to me:

Budget by
Year to Date
Budget
Year to Date Budget
Annual Budget

I have been playing around with the columns, but am not getting the results I need.

Could someone give me a definition for each of the fields listed above? I have looked thru the manual and cannot find.

For example, what is the difference between 'Budget' and 'Year to Date Budget'?

Is there a monthly budget field? If not, there should be.

Is "Year to Date' the field for YTD expenses?

Thanks for the help.
Garland Tackett, Director of Administration
Redeemer Covenant Church
Tulsa OK
Using PC+ Ver 10.4

gtackett

A response?

Post by gtackett »

Can anyone help me with my question?
Redeemer Covenant Church
Tulsa OK
Using PC+ Ver 10.4

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

Looking at what you're trying to pull .. won't the standard income/expense reports do what you're looking for ??
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

gtackett

Post by gtackett »

Yes, that is a great report. The problem for me with that report is that we have organized PC by department. We use the 3 digit subaccount number for departments. The standard report lumps all subaccounts together. I want to run a P&L statement for each of my departments.

If there is a way to do this with the standard reports, please inform. I have not been able to find. There is, of course, a subaccount report, but shows activity and I cannot use it to compare to budget.

Thanks for your interest and help.
Redeemer Covenant Church
Tulsa OK
Using PC+ Ver 10.4

Jeff
Program Development
Program Development

Post by Jeff »

I'm not sure exactly what you are looking for but here are what these fields mean in the custom reports.

Budget by - 3 options, There is no budget for this account, the budget is entered directly on this account, this account is to be treated as budgeted, but the budget is entered on a group account.

The month range you choose when running a custom report in the accounting module effect the next 4 items.

Year to Date - The fiscal year to date for the ending month of the range you chose.
Budget - The total budget for account for the range of months selected.
Year to Date Budget - The fiscal year to date for the ending month of the selection.

Annual Budget - The total annual budget for the fiscal year of the ending month of the selection.

The reason why I have to say the ending month is what do you do about year to date if your range of months croses a fiscal year. For example given an accounting year the begins in January, what would be considered year to date if the range of months selected went from July 2004 to June 2005? The program takes the ending month of the selection (June 2005) and calculates the Fiscal Year to Date (January 2005 - June 2005) and the Fiscal Annual amount (January 2005 - December 2005) from it.

gtackett

Post by gtackett »

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!

This has been a tremendous help. I know some of those may be obvious but others were not and it is good to confirm.
Redeemer Covenant Church
Tulsa OK
Using PC+ Ver 10.4