Will a "restore" wipe out custom reports?

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

nvrgvup

Will a "restore" wipe out custom reports?

Post by nvrgvup »

I am working on custom reports at home using Powerchurch. I get my data by creating a backup from Powerchurch at the church office. When I get home, I use the "restore" option to update the data on my PC. I have not done a restore (yet) since I have been creating custom reports. However, I am concerned now that a "restore" might wipe out my queries and my custom reports. Are my fears unfounded?

NeilZ

Re: Will a "restore" wipe out custom reports?

Post by NeilZ »

nvrgvup wrote:I am working on custom reports at home using Powerchurch. I get my data by creating a backup from Powerchurch at the church office. When I get home, I use the "restore" option to update the data on my PC. I have not done a restore (yet) since I have been creating custom reports. However, I am concerned now that a "restore" might wipe out my queries and my custom reports. Are my fears unfounded?
Unless you have the same queries with the same names on the office computer, they shouldn't be overwritten. However, to be certain, you can export the queries to a flash drive, then verify the queries after the restore, if they're not right, you can then import the queries back to your computer.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

nvrgvup

Post by nvrgvup »

Thanks for your quick responses. I can see how to export custom reports, but I don't see anything for exporting queries. Could you give me a little more help there?

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

nvrgvup wrote:Thanks for your quick responses. I can see how to export custom reports, but I don't see anything for exporting queries. Could you give me a little more help there?
I was assuming that the queries you're talking about were for the custom reports, are you talking about a different sort of query ??
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

nvrgvup

Post by nvrgvup »

The queries are the ones used for the custom reports.

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

nvrgvup wrote:The queries are the ones used for the custom reports.
The query is part of the Custom Report and exported with the report design.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

nvrgvup

Post by nvrgvup »

Thank you. I just completed the export process and now have them backed up on my flash drive.