How to design a custom report by SubAccount

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

sthiessen

How to design a custom report by SubAccount

Post by sthiessen »

Our church is somewhat unique in that we are geographically dispersed, but share administration. For our elders, we would like to have a report that shows the accounts along the side as normal, but the subaccounts along the top with appropriate numbers and totals. This can help each geographic location see their income and expense but see it in the context of the church as a whole.

I don't see anything in the standard reports that do this.

We are using version 9, Program Date 1/26/2005.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!
----------------------------
Stuart Thiessen
Signs of Grace Deaf Church
(Des Moines, Sioux Falls, and Elk River)

gtackett

Post by gtackett »

From what I can tell, there is no field to do this. There is a 'Subaccount' field in the custom reports but when you include it, it only prints out the three digit number and not the subaccount title/description. There is an 'Account Description' field but no Subaccount Description field.

When you get this report done, I would love to have a look at it. We have organized our C of A according to departments and use the sub accounts as a means to track department costs. I would love to have an expense report for a particular sub account.
Garland Tackett, Director of Administration
Redeemer Covenant Church
Tulsa OK
Using PC+ Ver 10.4

sthiessen

Subaccount

Post by sthiessen »

I am ok with just having the subaccount # if need be. But the challenge is that I am thinking this is really what is called a crosstab. If that is so, then I do not see a way to do a cross tab with the existing tools (so far).

I guess we are using the fields differently. We use the account to track income and expense, and the subaccount to track our branches ("departments" in your terminology).

Is there a way to use one field as the headings and another field as the rows?
----------------------------
Stuart Thiessen
Signs of Grace Deaf Church
(Des Moines, Sioux Falls, and Elk River)

gtackett

Post by gtackett »

Acutally, I think we are using subaccounts the same way. For example, the following post

01-5200-200

01 is our general fund
5200 is our Supplies Expense Account
200 is our Admin department

I'm looking for an expense account that will summarize the budget and the acutal expenses for a particular subaccount.

What I would really love to be able to do is run the standard 'Income and Expense Statement' Report but specify a particular subaccount as a filter. If we could do that, I think we would both be in business.

Concerning cross tabs - I really don't know what those are.
Redeemer Covenant Church
Tulsa OK
Using PC+ Ver 10.4

gtackett

Post by gtackett »

Did you ever get a resolution on this issue? I think I have finally muscled my way thru and created the report I was looking for. There has been some discussion about sharing custom reports. I would try to explain thru a post but am afraid it would get too complicated. Let me know if you are interested in my solution.
Redeemer Covenant Church
Tulsa OK
Using PC+ Ver 10.4