Alias 'PCPLUS' is not found

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

Tolleh

Post by Tolleh »

I am getting this message when trying to start a custom report:

To what does it refer, and how can I solve the situation?

Thanks in advance,
Dan

Jeff
Program Development
Program Development

Post by Jeff »

On the report setup screen, go into the "Edit form" option, exit the report layout and then click on the "Done" button. This should take care of this problem.

Tolleh

Post by Tolleh »

Hi Jeff,

This did not work. Is there another option to try?

Thanks,
Dan

wms7328

Same Problem

Post by wms7328 »

Does anyone have a fix for this. I've downloaded the latest maintenance release and it still occurs. Have a custom report with an expression field and it gives me the same message as original sender. Tried the fix stated in the first response and it still occurs.

NeilZ

Re: Same Problem

Post by NeilZ »

wms7328 wrote:Does anyone have a fix for this. I've downloaded the latest maintenance release and it still occurs. Have a custom report with an expression field and it gives me the same message as original sender. Tried the fix stated in the first response and it still occurs.
I found that you will get this error if you included the 'PCPLUS' prefix in ANY of the areas of the form that does a calculation to determine the start of a new group, or whether or not to print a line.

Once I went through all those areas, the report processed correctly. What Jeff said will work if the variable is directly accessed (such as a report item), but doesn't seem to work for these embedded calculations.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.