Scheduled Report and FTP

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

bowentz

Scheduled Report and FTP

Post by bowentz »

I'd like to be able to run a report on a preset schedule and then FTP to our web server...

Here is what I have... I have written a custom report that is manually run when updates are made to the membership data that generates a file in HTML and then that file is uploaded to our FTP server using a batch file containing the appropriate FTP commands... The file is then viewable on our web site (members only area).

I want to automatically run this report and execute the FTP on a schedule, so that our person doing the data input doesn't have to do it manually (maybe automatically run at 11PM nightly)..

Any ideas??

Thanks!!

NeilZ

Re: Scheduled Report and FTP

Post by NeilZ »

bowentz wrote:I'd like to be able to run a report on a preset schedule and then FTP to our web server...

Here is what I have... I have written a custom report that is manually run when updates are made to the membership data that generates a file in HTML and then that file is uploaded to our FTP server using a batch file containing the appropriate FTP commands... The file is then viewable on our web site (members only area).

I want to automatically run this report and execute the FTP on a schedule, so that our person doing the data input doesn't have to do it manually (maybe automatically run at 11PM nightly)..

Any ideas??

Thanks!!
AFAIK, there is no current way to do this in this version of Powerchurch. It may be a good idea to add to the wishlist for the next version. Email "wishlist@powerchurch.com" with your request, and specify how it would make your live easier.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

bowentz

Re: Scheduled Report and FTP

Post by bowentz »

In my original post I had focused on the custom directory that has to be FTPd to our web site, but after thinking a little more about it.. A report scheduler tool would be great, so that daily/weekly/etc reports could be generated and printed/emailed/FTPd without a user having to manually do all these tasks… We have several that our secretary/finance/attendance people run manually and distribute.

I've sent this to the wishlist ID......