Need to duplicate record filter of contributions report

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

FSpilker

Need to duplicate record filter of contributions report

Post by FSpilker »

I really need to duplicate the records filter of the List of Contributors Who Have Not Pledged for the sake of a custom report. How do I structure the record filter to select people who have not pledged to a specific fund number? I am using PC+ 10.4 on a server, and my PC uses Windows XP.

Thank you for your time.

JohnDMeyers

Re: Need to duplicate record filter of contributions report

Post by JohnDMeyers »

I see you have posted this question in the "custom reports" section. This is a question for the "custom reports" gurus.
You can watch my PowerChurch tutorials now on YouTube!

Visit http://www.youtube.com/user/EmpowerYour ... ture=watch

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

FSpilker wrote:I really need to duplicate the records filter of the List of Contributors Who Have Not Pledged for the sake of a custom report. How do I structure the record filter to select people who have not pledged to a specific fund number? I am using PC+ 10.4 on a server, and my PC uses Windows XP.

Thank you for your time.
John's right, but lets see if we can nudge you in the right direction.

It would help to know what will this custom report give you that the standard report doesn't ??
This would help.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

FSpilker

Post by FSpilker »

NeilZ wrote: It would help to know what will this custom report give you that the standard report doesn't ??
This would help.
It will give me the ability to turn this report into a file we can use for a mailing list/mail merge for labels for people who have not pledged yet. The way the report formats when it's saved to Word or Excel does not really lend itself to easy use for that. Further, it will mean we can get the address fields without the phone numbers or envelope numbers, rather than the standard report where the envelope numbers and phone numbers are automatically included and the address is optional.

Zorak
Tech Support
Tech Support

Post by Zorak »

Unfortunately, in Custom Reports, we don't have the ability of reporting on what *hasn't* happened.

Custom Reports in Contributions pulls information from Contributions that have been given. Pledges that have been made. There are no records in the database for things that haven't happened.

The way that the data is linked between Contributions and Membership in Custom Reports is that it starts with what information is in Contributions, then links back to the Membership information for those entries. The Crystal Reports system that we use for the built in reports is much more complex and robust of a reporting tool than the Custom Report Writer.

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

Based on what you're looking for, have you looked under the Contributions -> Create Mail Merge File.

There is an option to create a mail merge file for non-pledgers that will do what you're looking for. In fact, that was something they added in response to a request from me.

If you don't see this, I'd make sure that you are updated to the latest Maintenance Release.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.