subtotal by child balance

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

bookkeeper-sheila

subtotal by child balance

Post by bookkeeper-sheila »

I can't seem to figure this one out. :wall:

In Accounts Receivable, I am trying to list the family balance of tuition owed. I have the records sorted by street address, then by parents' names, then by child's name. My balance field lists the balance of each child.

The records sort so that the balance owed for each child is repeated for each invoice (in the detail line).

All I want, is to be able to take the balance of child one and add it to the balance of any other children, for a net total owed by the family.

Is there a way to do this? Pivot Tables in Excel don't work and I can't seem to make the custom report work with the footers/groups/variables. The only way I can do this is if I dump the data into excel and MANUALLY sum each child's balance into a new column using the SUM function in the new cell.

HELP!!!
Bookkeeper-Sheila
Switzerland Community Church

Tracy
Program Development
Program Development

Re: subtotal by child balance

Post by Tracy »

When editing the report layout, add a grouping on the address and family names (ie address + lastname).

Then add a variable m.netsum. The Initial value should = 0. The value to store should be the amount field. Reset value based on the grouping you made. Calculation type is Sum.

You should be able to use this variable in the group footer.
Tracy

bookkeeper-sheila

Re: subtotal by child balance

Post by bookkeeper-sheila »

:D :D :D

thank you so much! I can't believe I was trying to add the balances, when I could just add the amounts due. It is even better now than when I started! Now I have the balance for each child, and a sum total for each family. THANKS AGAIN!!!!!
Bookkeeper-Sheila
Switzerland Community Church