Formatting money figures in CRs

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

John Dykema

Formatting money figures in CRs

Post by John Dykema »

I've written several custom reports dealing with money but cannot figure out how to get the figures edited in the right format. Dollars show up as 145000.00 instead of 145,000.00. And if I remember right using currency as the type doesn't insert commas either. Any advice for this?

Zorak
Tech Support
Tech Support

Re: Formatting money figures in CRs

Post by Zorak »

In the Field Properties, click on the Format tab. Enter 999,999,999.99 in the Format Expression field.

John Dykema

Post by John Dykema »

Thanks very much. That works. :D

siempresonrisa

Post by siempresonrisa »

John Dykema wrote:I've written several custom reports dealing with money but cannot figure out how to get the figures edited in the right format. Dollars show up as 145000.00 instead of 145,000.00. And if I remember right using currency as the type doesn't insert commas either. Any advice for this?
I am seeing something similar to this when I export a report to Word '07 from powerchurch 11. How can I get the commas in my report?

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

siempresonrisa wrote:
John Dykema wrote:I've written several custom reports dealing with money but cannot figure out how to get the figures edited in the right format. Dollars show up as 145000.00 instead of 145,000.00. And if I remember right using currency as the type doesn't insert commas either. Any advice for this?
I am seeing something similar to this when I export a report to Word '07 from powerchurch 11. How can I get the commas in my report?
Unless the commas show up in the report as displayed, the conversion and saving of the report in Word will not include them.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

siempresonrisa

Post by siempresonrisa »

NeilZ wrote:
siempresonrisa wrote:
Unless the commas show up in the report as displayed, the conversion and saving of the report in Word will not include them.

Am I able to get the commas in the powerchurch report before exporting to Word?

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

siempresonrisa wrote: Am I able to get the commas in the powerchurch report before exporting to Word?
I don't believe so, unless you do a custom report and use the instructions given by Zorak above for formatting numbers.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.