Commune and Contribute

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

DonnaF

Commune and Contribute

Post by DonnaF »

I would like to make a custom report that lists the confirmed members that have taken communion and contributed this year or last year. This is how we know who can vote at our annual meeting per our bylaws.

I have tried to make the report starting in Contributions but can't add the activity code 1051. Then I tried in another section where I can use Activity code 1051 but can't add Contribute.

Why is this so difficult? Is ours the only church that needs this information? I have found this program to be the most UNuser friendly program that I have ever used.

Zorak
Tech Support
Tech Support

Re: Commune and Contribute

Post by Zorak »

The custom report writer's data is limited to the module where you are making the report. It won't allow you to make reports that will potentially break.

This is part of the reason that we added the Export to Access in the recent Version 11.1 update. With this, you have the full access to the data files and can report on whatever you like.

DonnaF

Post by DonnaF »

What will 'break'?

So now I have to learn another program besides learning PC+???

How do I create the report I need?

Zorak
Tech Support
Tech Support

Post by Zorak »

What would potentially break is if you add the Contribution Fund Name field to a report that only has Attendance data in it, then sort by Accounts Payable Vendor ID.

Access will let you do this, the PowerChurch Plus custom report writer tries to simplify the process a little.