First group header blank

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

sherry

First group header blank

Post by sherry »

This has happened on a couple of custom reports. The report is grouping properly, and the correct field is printing in the group header... except on the first group. That group header is always blank. Any ideas?

Thanks!
Sherry

Zorak
Tech Support
Tech Support

Re: First group header blank

Post by Zorak »

It is weird how the report writer loops through the data. I have seen that happen before, but I forget what was causing it. Do you have a field directly from the data in the group header, or is it a variable or expression?

I will take a look and see what I can find tomorrow morning, but I think it has to do with either the order the variables are listed in, or the initial value of the variable or something like that...

sherry

Post by sherry »

It's a field directly from the data.

Tracy
Program Development
Program Development

Post by Tracy »

Check the PrintWhen setting of that field. If this is blank; Would you export the report you have this problem in and email that export to [url=mailto://support@powerchurch.com]support[/url]?

Please be sure to include in the body of the message why you are sending this in.

I have seen variables do this, as Zorak mentioned earlier. I have never been able to produce this with a field in the custom report writer in PowerChurch without lots of trickery.
Tracy

Zorak
Tech Support
Tech Support

Post by Zorak »

Tracy wrote:Would you export the report you have this problem in
That option is under Utilities > Import/Export Custom Reports > Export Custom Reports, if you aren't familiar with it.

sherry

Post by sherry »

The PrintWhen setting is blank. I'll export the report and send it in. Thanks!