My 1st OneBody sync didn't work

OneBody Hosting is an add-on product available for PowerChurch Plus and PowerChurch Online. OneBody is a social network and online directory for your members.

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

wilri01

My 1st OneBody sync didn't work

Post by wilri01 »

My 1st OneBody sync didn't work, and there's no error message. No groups or people were added.
In Admin screen, I see this:

one%{count} sync errorother%{count} sync errors

I copied the API key and URL, and selected groups and people, and clicked the SYNC NOW button.

We are using PC 11.1.

I also can't add a group from http://csl.ourchurchfamily.net/admin because there are no categories, and no way to add a category and categories are required for a group. Of course we want to control this from our PowerChurch.

Or, actually, we have an in-house developed "intranet" that could generate a CSV import file, but there's no documentation for the fields listed. If I ask to generate an XML or CSV EXPORT file to see what valid values are, it never finishes.

I read about updateAgent, but it seems a lot to install Ruby on Rails just for that. But maybe we need to do that and host OneBody ourselves to get this to work?

Oh, one more question: Can photo links be sync'd to OneBody, or do we have to manually upload each person's photo?

Zaphod
Program Development
Program Development

Re: My 1st OneBody sync didn't work

Post by Zaphod »

There's a log for onebody that will give more information about what's happened. You'll find it in C:\ProgramData\PowerChurch\onebodysync.log

Attach that file to an email and send it to support@powerchurch.com, and we can take a look at it here to see what the problem may be.
PowerChurch Software Technical Support
(800) 486-1800
http://www.powerchurch.com/

wilri01

Post by wilri01 »

There's no log file. But this time I got a popup saying communication with the server was terminated. Seems there are several sync phases and it poped up 3-4 times.

wilri01

Post by wilri01 »

Later, a sync did work. And then yesterday it seemed to work one time, but not after. Same today. So it seems there is a limit of one sync per day. Is this true? If it is, this is not good.

We are also having a problem with birthdate rejecting people because some people who don't want to reveal their age have put year 2010, but with ADULT Y.

It would be nice to have an "official" way of leaving the year out. We are putting in year 0099 which looks funny.

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

wilri01 wrote: We are also having a problem with birthdate rejecting people because some people who don't want to reveal their age have put year 2010, but with ADULT Y.

It would be nice to have an "official" way of leaving the year out. We are putting in year 0099 which looks funny.
Use 9999 as the year, this will nullify the Adult check.

As far as the other error, I would definitely look for the LOG file and email it as recommended above.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

wilri01

Post by wilri01 »

Thanks for the 9999 year.

I have looked for log file twice and there is none.

Note we installed PowerChurch unde C:\ and not Program Files.

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

wilri01 wrote:Thanks for the 9999 year.

I have looked for log file twice and there is none.

Note we installed PowerChurch unde C:\ and not Program Files.
And there is no .log file under the Powerchurch directory ?? Unfortunately, you probably won't get any response from support until Tuesday, due to the 4th of July holiday.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

wilri01

Post by wilri01 »

I got two syncs to work today! It seems when the sync executes, it only saves a transaction file on the OneBody server. You have to wait until the transactions are processed, and then you can do another sync.

You can tell if the process is finished by logging onto OneBody as the admin and the box that shows the sync will have some template/code in it while it is running. When it's finished, it will show the number of rejects.

We currently have 375 rejects due mostly to no gender and current year in birth date when people don't want to give their age. So we have some editing to do.