Maintenance Release Question

Got a question or comment about PowerChurch that doesn't belong anywhere else? Why not post it here!?

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

jeffkoke

Maintenance Release Question

Post by jeffkoke »

Are the maintenance releases cumulative?

Asked another way: If I loaded v8.5 from the CD and then applied the most current maintenance release, would I be current?

AdvanceThanks,
Jeff
Jeff
--
Jeff Koke, KK4SN
Great Bridge Church of God
Chesapeake VA
"Every Father should remember that one day his
children will follow his example instead of his advice."

Zeb
Tech Support
Tech Support

Post by Zeb »

Yes, maintenance releases are cumulative. The most recent one has all of the bug fixes and patches from all the past maintenance releases.

jeffkoke

Post by jeffkoke »

Since I'm in a networked environment, does netsetup need to be re-run for all of the clients after a maintenance release has been installed?

Thanks again,
Jeff
Jeff
--
Jeff Koke, KK4SN
Great Bridge Church of God
Chesapeake VA
"Every Father should remember that one day his
children will follow his example instead of his advice."

Zeb
Tech Support
Tech Support

Post by Zeb »

No, you update the software installed on the main computer. The clients don't need updating because they use whatever is on the server.

wlthomp44

Maintenance release 8.5

Post by wlthomp44 »

What sorts of fixes would I notice in the Dec. 2003 release?

Zaphod
Program Development
Program Development

Post by Zaphod »

This is an excerpt from the emails that were sent to all the folks who have signed up to be notified of Maintenance Releases:

from the Nov release:
ISSUES CORRECTED IN THIS MAINTENANCE RELEASE
Here are some of the issues that have been corrected with the latest Maintenance Release.

An "OLE IDispatch" error could occur when running or printing Contribution Statements.

The total check and deposit amounts on the Unreconciled Transactions report could be different than the amounts that appeared on the Bank Reconciliation screen. This could happen in certain cases where an entry both debited and credited the bank. There was no difference in the ending balance, however.

If you had a detail income or expense account that did not have any transactions posted to it, it was possible to enter a budget and then change the account to a group account. If you did, the program didn't delete the budget. This budgeted amount would then be included in the totals on the Income and Expense Statement report, but the actual account didn't appear, which made it look as if the program was miscalculating the budget totals.

Under Windows 2000 and XP, using the Export Data option under Contributions would appear to successfully create the file, but in certain cases, it would not. The file would not be created when you tried to save the file under certain directories. For example, you could save the file on a diskette or to C:\ but you couldn't save it to the MY DOCUMENTS folder.

If you saved the Contribution Statements in Word format, the header information appearing in Word would be the same on each statement.

If you had Accounts Payable set up to calculate GST or reclaimable sales tax, the program would not generate the correct debit and credit amounts when a negative invoice was entered.

NEBS recently changed their stock numbers and so the new numbers were added to the check layout formats listed in the program. The old numbers are still included.
From the Dec release:
ISSUES CORRECTED IN THIS MAINTENANCE RELEASE
Here are a couple of the issues that have been corrected with this Maintenance Release.

In our last Maintenance Release, we inadvertently introduced a new problem when we corrected a different one. The issue affects the Contribution Statement. Prior to the last Maintenance Release, if you included the pledge difference, the amount would be negative if the individual had paid less than they had pledged, but the sign got switched on the last Maintenance Release and now appears as a positive amount. It's now been switched back.

On the 1099 preview screen, the vendor name would appear, but it would
not actually print on the form itself. Obviously, this doesn't affect Version 8 users since printing information on the 1099-MISC form was a new feature added in Version 8.5.
Hope this gives you what you need.
PowerChurch Software Technical Support
(800) 486-1800
http://www.powerchurch.com/

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

Zaphod,

Just wondering ... could the latest maintenance release emails (basically they are a readme/bugs fixed file) be posted on the website. I don't always keep the emails I get telling me of the new releases, and when I went to find the one for the March update, of course, I didn't find it.

What could be done is what is done with alot of shareware, etc. The updates could be listed with the fixes in each. This way we can have a quick place to review the fixes.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.