Payroll Processing

PowerChurch Online is an installation of PowerChurch Plus that resides on our servers, which you access remotely from across the internet.

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

mikethekey

Payroll Processing

Post by mikethekey »

We are using version 11.5-the on line version. Recently we had to void some payroll checks from last year-2011, and re-process new ones with the correct payroll taxes information for the w-2's for 2011. As I understand it , when you "process payroll" the system defaults to the last date entered. The person who recently processed the Jan 2011 payroll entered the correct month and day but did not notice that the year showing was 2011. The system did not give him any warning and he ended up processing the payroll with a Jan 2011 date. The checks were printed with the date Jan 27, 2011 whereas the year should have been 2012. He only noted the problem because a current employee did not show up on the list, because that person came into the rolls in March 2011. Perhaps a warning should be given when the year is not the current year when processing the payroll.

Mikethekey :wall:
Mike LaLlave

mikethekey

Re: Payroll Processing

Post by mikethekey »

Correction--the payroll being more recently processed was the Jan 2012 payroll-not 2011 as I stated above. :wall:
Mike LaLlave

Zebes
Tech Support
Tech Support

Re: Payroll Processing

Post by Zebes »

When entering transactions in Payroll, as well as in other areas of the program, a warning is given if "The date entered...is not within the last 12 months." I see why a warning would have helped your situation. However, a church catching up on December transactions in January would likely complain if every transaction warned them.