Client Update

PowerChurch Online is an installation of PowerChurch Plus that resides on our servers, which you access remotely from across the internet.

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

Vwisner

Client Update

Post by Vwisner »

If I am already using PowerChurch online do I have to reinstall the Client Update on our computers?

NeilZ

Re: Client Update

Post by NeilZ »

Vwisner wrote:If I am already using PowerChurch online do I have to reinstall the Client Update on our computers?
If you're talking the IDS client, I believe you should at least check to make sure that all the clients have been updated, as that software may not automatically update.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

Vwisner

Post by Vwisner »

How do I check to see if updates are being applied? I am a bit confused. Thank you for your patience.

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

Vwisner wrote:How do I check to see if updates are being applied? I am a bit confused. Thank you for your patience.
I did some additional investigation, evidently you have to download and run the updated IDS client, just have your users open a browser and go to mypowerchurch.com, and download the version you would need (windows, Mac, linux, etc). Then run the program and the new IDS client will install.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

Vwisner

Post by Vwisner »

Alright, so it sounds like I need to install this new version even though we have a version installed on our computers. They must want us to not use the older version. Thank you for looking into this.

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

Vwisner wrote:Alright, so it sounds like I need to install this new version even though we have a version installed on our computers. They must want us to not use the older version. Thank you for looking into this.
There's a reason they update the IDS client ... security, improved response, etc.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

Jeff
Program Development
Program Development

Post by Jeff »

The new client connects to new application servers. There are some new features for the new servers. The main ones are the new client will now automatically update, so you shouldn't have to reinstall the client when a new one is available. The new servers are supposed to be better about disconnecting. The new servers will launch PowerChurch automatically so you won't have to use the program window to start PowerChurch. Also the new servers will allow us to provide IPad and Android tablet clients to use with PowerChurch Online.

Right now both the old servers and new servers are working. We will eventually turn off the old servers.

We are still waiting for an updated Mac client for the new servers. So the Mac client still connects to the old application servers. We went ahead and released the Windows client for the new servers because the old servers were getting overwhelmed at the beginning of the year and this was a way to spread the load out.