Importing LifeTouch Photos

PowerChurch Online is an installation of PowerChurch Plus that resides on our servers, which you access remotely from across the internet.

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

uucw

Importing LifeTouch Photos

Post by uucw »

I am trying to import LifeTouch directory photos from the DVD Lifetouch sent me, and PowerChurch Online does not seem to be able to see anything other than my hard drive. Is there a way to get it to see the DVD drive on my PC?
Jennifer Landry, Office Administrator
Unitarian Universalist Church of Worcester
90 Holden Street, Worcester MA 01606

Zorak
Tech Support
Tech Support

Re: Importing LifeTouch Photos

Post by Zorak »

The CD and DVD drives are not available through the IDS Client. To import those files from the CD/DVD, copy the contents of the disc into a folder on your hard drive. When you're finished importing, you can delete that folder from the computer and just keep the CD/DVD for a hard copy.

uucw

Post by uucw »

Thank you, that worked!
Jennifer Landry, Office Administrator
Unitarian Universalist Church of Worcester
90 Holden Street, Worcester MA 01606

sheying

Post by sheying »

Would anyone happen to have a solution to the error message "Incorrect disc in path" when trying to import LifeTouch photos? I have tried to import from the media disc and folders on my PC. After following the exact instructions in the PC+ manual and the LifeTouch paper, any experimenting with different methods of uploading result in the same message from PC+.

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

sheying wrote:Would anyone happen to have a solution to the error message "Incorrect disc in path" when trying to import LifeTouch photos? I have tried to import from the media disc and folders on my PC. After following the exact instructions in the PC+ manual and the LifeTouch paper, any experimenting with different methods of uploading result in the same message from PC+.
Are you using Powerchurch Online ?? if so, the directions listed above should help, if not, let us know.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

sheying

Post by sheying »

No, we do not have PC+ online at this time. I believe we are planning to move to that very soon, however, perhaps then I will be able to import the photographs. I can, of course, import the photos one by one through the personal profile picture tab, but that is very inefficient.

Donnamel

Post by Donnamel »

I am getting the same error. I tried copying the disc onto my hard drive, but still got the same error.

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

Donnamel wrote:I am getting the same error. I tried copying the disc onto my hard drive, but still got the same error.
Are you using Powerchurch Online ??
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

pcu62061

Post by pcu62061 »

I am having this same issue. We do PC Plus and the system cannot see my DVDRom drive. I copied the contents to a folder and when I try to select that folder it says "incorrect disc in path"

Zorak
Tech Support
Tech Support

Post by Zorak »

Does the disc you received from LifeTouch include an LCD file? If not, there is nothing for PowerChurch to import from. This file is included on your disc automatically if the original file you sent to LifeTouch was created by PowerChurch using the "Create file for pictorial directory companies" utility.