Using Bar Codes for Check In and Express Check Out

The PowerChurch Check In system is an add-on product that works along side PowerChurch Plus to provide you an affordable and easy to use Check In system.

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

karamellow1

Using Bar Codes for Check In and Express Check Out

Post by karamellow1 »

I'm playing around with bar codes for check in. We'd like to to assign each of our regular parents a key tag to speed up check in/out. Today I set up a test activity and found that check in works great. However, I noticed it still prints a "claim ticket" for the parent and that you can't use the same bar code to check out that is used to check in. Am I missing something?

NeilZ

Re: Using Bar Codes for Check In and Express Check Out

Post by NeilZ »

karamellow1 wrote:I'm playing around with bar codes for check in. We'd like to to assign each of our regular parents a key tag to speed up check in/out. Today I set up a test activity and found that check in works great. However, I noticed it still prints a "claim ticket" for the parent and that you can't use the same bar code to check out that is used to check in. Am I missing something?
Doing a search on Bar Codes, I found a thread that will give you some info:

viewtopic.php?f=28&t=4619&p=16230

The system uses the Attendance bar code to help look up the person, however check-in creates and prints a single day use bar code that can only be used at check out on that day. This feature prevents reuse of a tag, which then eliminates any chance of an unauthorized person picking up a child.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

karamellow1

Post by karamellow1 »

Thanks, Neil. That's a bummer! I did search for bar code and key tag, but didn't find what you sent me. I guess I just didn't go back far enough.

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

karamellow1 wrote:Thanks, Neil. That's a bummer! I did search for bar code and key tag, but didn't find what you sent me. I guess I just didn't go back far enough.
If you think about it, it really is a child-safety issue, insuring that only the person who has the current day's tag can pick up the child.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

newdaycommunity

Post by newdaycommunity »

While I can understand that it's considered a child-safety issue to only allow one day codes for young children, I think it is a powerful tool to be able to generate ID cards that can be used for check in and check out over and over and this feature should be added.

I've seen youth groups, for example, issue ID cards for students that they use each week to check in and when they leave the main room the check out so at all times the kids are accounted for. I think that would protect a church in many cases and is an option that should be implemented soon... I guess they could add the sticker to the card for that day, but could they check in and out multiple times? It just seems unnecessary for an older child or adult at an event, for example.

karamellow1

Post by karamellow1 »

I can definitely see that. We were just hoping it would speed things up for our regulars, and help the ones that have a tendency to lose things. :? :)