Kiosk MR issue

The PowerChurch Check In system is an add-on product that works along side PowerChurch Plus to provide you an affordable and easy to use Check In system.

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

ColinL

Kiosk MR issue

Post by ColinL »

Hi all
i have just applied the May18 MR (for Checkin) onto our server (into the existing PCServer11 folder) & restarted the Server service.
When i start an existing client, it performs the 'updating local components' routine, then connects to server & after checking for activities, returns the error "Kiosk version does not match the server"
I have also attempted a reinstall of the kiosk (using pc11kiosk.exe) and produced the same result
is there a fix &/or method to rollback the update (before Sunday am??)

thank in advance
Kind Regards
Colin Landsmeer
TheChurch@1330
Scoresby VIC, Australia

NeilZ

Re: Kiosk MR issue

Post by NeilZ »

ColinL wrote:Hi all
i have just applied the May18 MR (for Checkin) onto our server (into the existing PCServer11 folder) & restarted the Server service.
When i start an existing client, it performs the 'updating local components' routine, then connects to server & after checking for activities, returns the error "Kiosk version does not match the server"
I have also attempted a reinstall of the kiosk (using pc11kiosk.exe) and produced the same result
is there a fix &/or method to rollback the update (before Sunday am??)

thank in advance
I would call the Powerchurch support line directly on this, however, try this first:

Head to the MR Download area of the Powerchurch.com site (you have to be logged on for this). Download the Kiosk MR that is also listed on the site, and try applying that.

I know that the system should automatically update the kiosk starting with the MR back a few years, but I did download both and I'm not seeing the server issue. Run the kiosk MR on the server first. I know, sounds weird, but try that.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

ColinL

Post by ColinL »

Hi Neil

this has been resolved - i hadn't donwloaded/applied the 'server' update to kiosk server instance, done now - i'd previously only performed the kiosk 'client' update (on the server & client)

thanks
Colin
Kind Regards
Colin Landsmeer
TheChurch@1330
Scoresby VIC, Australia

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

ColinL wrote:Hi Neil

this has been resolved - i hadn't donwloaded/applied the 'server' update to kiosk server instance, done now - i'd previously only performed the kiosk 'client' update (on the server & client)

thanks
Colin
Yep .. that will do it . .
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.