Calendar Sync Not Working

Events, Record Keeping, Utilities

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

fpchurch

Calendar Sync Not Working

Post by fpchurch »

Hi
I cannot sync the calendar to the Google calendar for our website. I first got this error message "Username and password do not match. You provided ***.fpc1. Please enter your full email address (including @domain.com)" so I updated the preferences to include the gmail.com and now get the error message, "Username and password do not match. You provided ***.fpc1@gmail.com. Please enter your full email address (including @domain.com)".
I read through the posts here and logged on as the google user that we have listed (while doing that I found out found out our webmaster changed the password recently, but after updating that password and logging in still no no luck).
We have the latest maintenance release installed. I have cleared my cookies, powered down the computer, restarted and reindexed Church Plus.
It has always worked in the past, and last updated about a month ago.
Any thoughts?

NeilZ

Re: Calendar Sync Not Working

Post by NeilZ »

fpchurch wrote:Hi
I cannot sync the calendar to the Google calendar for our website. I first got this error message "Username and password do not match. You provided ***.fpc1. Please enter your full email address (including @domain.com)" so I updated the preferences to include the gmail.com and now get the error message, "Username and password do not match. You provided ***.fpc1@gmail.com. Please enter your full email address (including @domain.com)".
I read through the posts here and logged on as the google user that we have listed (while doing that I found out found out our webmaster changed the password recently, but after updating that password and logging in still no no luck).
We have the latest maintenance release installed. I have cleared my cookies, powered down the computer, restarted and reindexed Church Plus.
It has always worked in the past, and last updated about a month ago.
Any thoughts?
I'm going to assume that you're on the latest Maintenance Release. If not, make sure you are then follow the directions listed in the Knowledgebase Article I have linked to in step 4, as there is a new authorization setup for Google.

1. Can you access your Google Calendar by going to calendar.google.com and logging in there?
2. If you can access your calendar and you're on the latest MR, completely SIGN OUT of Google, and go to Step 3. If you cannot access your calendar directly from Google, then that's a different issue, and you'll probably have to get with your webmaster.

3. Head to File -> Events -> Setup and DELETE the email address you have listed there. Save that, then close Powerchurch.
4. Restart Powerchurch. Then follow the directions in the Knowledgebase Article listed here:
https://www.powerchurch.com/support/437 ... endar-sync
5. You SHOULD see the Authorization screen appear when you try to Sync as shown in the article. If not, come back and let us know.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

fpchurch

Post by fpchurch »

Hi
This did not work. I still have the error.
Thanks

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

Thanks
Um ... that's not telling me much.

What didn't work? The part about accessing the Google Calendar by logging in to Calendar.google.com ?? The step where I asked you to delete the email address setup for Google Calendar from Powerchurch, then following the steps to get the Authorization screen?? Did you get the authorization screen at all ??

FWIW ... it does not sound like the authorization with Google is setup properly, I suspect the password change is the cause of this, and the only way to fix this is to redo the setup of the authorization.

However, telling us where in the steps I listed the process failed would help.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

fpchurch

Post by fpchurch »

Hi Sorry that was my quick reply on Friday afternoon! I can access my Google calendar through Google. I was able to delete the email address in Church Plus. The authorization screen does not show up when I try to sync. The error message does show up when I sync. I agree it probably has to do with the authorization. Do you know any other way of getting to that screen?
Thank you for your help.

NeilZ wrote:
Thanks
Um ... that's not telling me much.

What didn't work? The part about accessing the Google Calendar by logging in to Calendar.google.com ?? The step where I asked you to delete the email address setup for Google Calendar from Powerchurch, then following the steps to get the Authorization screen?? Did you get the authorization screen at all ??

FWIW ... it does not sound like the authorization with Google is setup properly, I suspect the password change is the cause of this, and the only way to fix this is to redo the setup of the authorization.

However, telling us where in the steps I listed the process failed would help.

Zorak
Tech Support
Tech Support

Post by Zorak »

There is a section at the bottom of the article that Neil linked earlier that explains how to remove synced events from Google Calendar. Doing so should then retrip the authorization flag next time you try to sync.

https://www.powerchurch.com/support/437 ... endar-sync

fpchurch

Post by fpchurch »

Remove synced events from Google Calendar does not work either, it asks if I want to proceed but nothing happens. I have checked my online calendar and all events are still there.
Any help would be appreciated.

Zorak
Tech Support
Tech Support

Post by Zorak »

Sounds like you will probably need to speak with someone in Technical Support by phone.

We are available from 9AM to 6PM Eastern, Monday through Friday at (800) 486-1800.

fpchurch

Post by fpchurch »

I can get to the Google device webpage but I don't have a code to enter.

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

fpchurch wrote:I can get to the Google device webpage but I don't have a code to enter.
As Zorak said, give Tech Support a call, they can assist.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

fpchurch

Post by fpchurch »

Thanks will do.