Page break after account option is NOT working

Fund Accounting, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Payroll

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

Post Reply
Beth1
Posts: 4
Joined: Wed Dec 12, 2012 10:48 am

Page break after account option is NOT working

Post by Beth1 »

I am using Power Church Plus 11, and I would like to start a new page on my Income and Expense Statement after the Personnel Expense sub total. I have checked the page break option on that account in my Set Up/Maintain Chart of Accounts. It does not begin a new page when running the Yearly Budget Comparison report or any other report. I tried turning the page break option on for another account and that did not work either. Help!

NeilZ
Posts: 10588
Joined: Wed Oct 08, 2003 1:20 am
Location: Dexter NM
Contact:

Re: Page break after account option is NOT working

Post by NeilZ »

Beth1 wrote:I am using Power Church Plus 11, and I would like to start a new page on my Income and Expense Statement after the Personnel Expense sub total. I have checked the page break option on that account in my Set Up/Maintain Chart of Accounts. It does not begin a new page when running the Yearly Budget Comparison report or any other report. I tried turning the page break option on for another account and that did not work either. Help!
Are you on v11.1 or 11.55, also are you on the latest Maintenance Release ??
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

Beth1
Posts: 4
Joined: Wed Dec 12, 2012 10:48 am

Re: Page break after account option is NOT working

Post by Beth1 »

NeilZ wrote:
Beth1 wrote:I am using Power Church Plus 11, and I would like to start a new page on my Income and Expense Statement after the Personnel Expense sub total. I have checked the page break option on that account in my Set Up/Maintain Chart of Accounts. It does not begin a new page when running the Yearly Budget Comparison report or any other report. I tried turning the page break option on for another account and that did not work either. Help!
Are you on v11.1 or 11.55, also are you on the latest Maintenance Release ??
I believe we are on v11.1. That is what the "Help" tab indicates when I enter "About PowerChurch Plus"

NeilZ
Posts: 10588
Joined: Wed Oct 08, 2003 1:20 am
Location: Dexter NM
Contact:

Re: Page break after account option is NOT working

Post by NeilZ »

Beth1 wrote:
NeilZ wrote:
Beth1 wrote:I am using Power Church Plus 11, and I would like to start a new page on my Income and Expense Statement after the Personnel Expense sub total. I have checked the page break option on that account in my Set Up/Maintain Chart of Accounts. It does not begin a new page when running the Yearly Budget Comparison report or any other report. I tried turning the page break option on for another account and that did not work either. Help!
Are you on v11.1 or 11.55, also are you on the latest Maintenance Release ??
I believe we are on v11.1. That is what the "Help" tab indicates when I enter "About PowerChurch Plus"
OK ... I have 11.5 here, but I believe the reporting system is the same. I would still check to see what's the date of the last Maintenance release installed. The last one released was May 2015, you should be up to date if you click on 'Download Updates', and it says you've got the latest.

Anyway, I'm not seeing that issue here on 11.5. The last detail account in the section here triggers the page break, after the subtotal. I then tested a 3 level group account and the break occurred there too. I've not seen this issue brought up on version 11.x at all.

One last thing, is the account you're using for the break an active account?? That is, it is not set as inactive is it ?

If the account is active, and you're on the most current v11.1 MR, then I would see if the page break works on a different account. Select one in another ministry area, turn on the break, then run the report. If it works there, then it is something to do with the account you're using to trigger the break.

If it doesn't work, you may have to call Powerchurch help direct, as it may be a sign of a bigger problem.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

Beth1
Posts: 4
Joined: Wed Dec 12, 2012 10:48 am

Re: Page break after account option is NOT working

Post by Beth1 »

Thank you for your reply. The page break works if I run a report that has "actuals" in it. (For example, "Income and Expense Statement".) It does NOT work on the "Yearly Budget Comparison" report. Could it be something to with that report only using budget figures? So, the page break is working... just not on the particular report I mentioned before. Very strange!

NeilZ
Posts: 10588
Joined: Wed Oct 08, 2003 1:20 am
Location: Dexter NM
Contact:

Re: Page break after account option is NOT working

Post by NeilZ »

Beth1 wrote:Thank you for your reply. The page break works if I run a report that has "actuals" in it. (For example, "Income and Expense Statement".) It does NOT work on the "Yearly Budget Comparison" report. Could it be something to with that report only using budget figures? So, the page break is working... just not on the particular report I mentioned before. Very strange!
I don't believe that the page break was meant for any report other than those types of 'actuals' reporting,I may be wrong on that, but I've not seen any other posts about it working incorrectly.

However, send a feature request to "wishlist@powerchurch.com" with all your justification for needing a page break in other types of reports, and it may show up in a future MR.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

Beth1
Posts: 4
Joined: Wed Dec 12, 2012 10:48 am

Re: Page break after account option is NOT working

Post by Beth1 »

Thank you, Neil.

Post Reply