Release Funds

Fund Accounting, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Payroll

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

Post Reply
Greghc48
Posts: 84
Joined: Wed Aug 12, 2015 11:23 am

Release Funds

Post by Greghc48 »

Is there some sort of Powerchurch pop up reminder that will alert you to "release" when using restricted funds? Seems like I saw that somewhere in my set up / reading but now I cannot find how to turn that on.

Anyone out there know how to do that, if that feature is available?

I keep forgetting to hit the release funds button..... would be nice to have a reminder if available.

Thanks - Greg

NeilZ
Posts: 10588
Joined: Wed Oct 08, 2003 1:20 am
Location: Dexter NM
Contact:

Re: Release Funds

Post by NeilZ »

Greghc48 wrote:Is there some sort of Powerchurch pop up reminder that will alert you to "release" when using restricted funds? Seems like I saw that somewhere in my set up / reading but now I cannot find how to turn that on.

Anyone out there know how to do that, if that feature is available?

I keep forgetting to hit the release funds button..... would be nice to have a reminder if available.

Thanks - Greg
Nope ... the system expects you to know when you should be releasing funds, as you could release temp restricted funds for any number of expenses.

The good news is that if you forget, and post something without releasing, you can always open the "Enter Transaction" function in FA, click on Release Funds button, and then release the money. Basically it does the same thing as if you included it in the original AP transaction.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

F12Mahon
Posts: 87
Joined: Mon Mar 28, 2011 7:35 pm

Re: Release Funds

Post by F12Mahon »

We budget a certain amount for our missionaries each month. If someone designates part of their offering to missionaries it is added to the budgeted amount. I made the missionary payments as a repeating item in accounts payable. Each missionary organization is a separate transaction. I have a $10.00 release from restricted funds set up for each missionary and adjust it monthly as required. That is the only way I know to have it "pop up" as a reminder that I know of.
Eugene

Greghc48
Posts: 84
Joined: Wed Aug 12, 2015 11:23 am

Re: Release Funds

Post by Greghc48 »

Thanks all. Appreciate the help. Will give each recommendation a go...!

Post Reply