Reconciling Vanco Files

Fund Accounting, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Payroll

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

Post Reply
Alaraujo
Posts: 117
Joined: Tue Sep 23, 2003 3:03 pm
Location: Living Word Assembly fo Chino Church
Contact:

Reconciling Vanco Files

Post by Alaraujo »

We are using Vanco as our Online Service provider and I import a file that they send me each week.
But I haven't been able to find an easy way of reconciling our bank statement, specially what we post and what is shown on the bank statement is so different.
Need help. :?

NeilZ
Posts: 10588
Joined: Wed Oct 08, 2003 1:20 am
Location: Dexter NM
Contact:

Re: Reconciling Vanco Files

Post by NeilZ »

Alaraujo wrote:We are using Vanco as our Online Service provider and I import a file that they send me each week.
But I haven't been able to find an easy way of reconciling our bank statement, specially what we post and what is shown on the bank statement is so different.
Need help. :?
Exactly what is showing up differently? Deposit dates? Amounts ??

What version of Powerchurch are you using, and are you on the latest Maintenance Release.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

Alaraujo
Posts: 117
Joined: Tue Sep 23, 2003 3:03 pm
Location: Living Word Assembly fo Chino Church
Contact:

Re: Reconciling Vanco Files

Post by Alaraujo »

I am running Power Church online.

Contributions made directly from their checking account, line up with the posted transaction.

But if on a given date, contributions are from a credit card and others from their checking account, the credit card contributions hit our bank later than those that come directly from their checking account. And so, sometimes those credit card contributions hit our bank the same time as other contributions and they show up as one transaction on our bank statement. And so It's not easy to reconcile one for one.
I hope that makes sense.

NeilZ
Posts: 10588
Joined: Wed Oct 08, 2003 1:20 am
Location: Dexter NM
Contact:

Re: Reconciling Vanco Files

Post by NeilZ »

Alaraujo wrote:I am running Power Church online.

Contributions made directly from their checking account, line up with the posted transaction.

But if on a given date, contributions are from a credit card and others from their checking account, the credit card contributions hit our bank later than those that come directly from their checking account. And so, sometimes those credit card contributions hit our bank the same time as other contributions and they show up as one transaction on our bank statement. And so It's not easy to reconcile one for one.
I hope that makes sense.
Yes it does .. unfortunately I'm not sure what can be done about this via the forum. However, you subscribe to Powerchurch online, and you have free phone support. I'd call the support phone line and see what they can do about this.

Not sure what can be done however on the Powerchurch side of the house. That said, maybe they have some ideas.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

Alaraujo
Posts: 117
Joined: Tue Sep 23, 2003 3:03 pm
Location: Living Word Assembly fo Chino Church
Contact:

Re: Reconciling Vanco Files

Post by Alaraujo »

Thank you Neil for your help. I know it's not a Power Church problem. I was just hoping that someone on the forum had this delimma and found a way to deal with it.

Post Reply