hidden popups

PowerChurch Online is an installation of PowerChurch Plus that resides on our servers, which you access remotely from across the internet.

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

CranfordUMC

hidden popups

Post by CranfordUMC »

I have been using PC Plus for over 10 years and just recently converted to the online version. Is there a setup problem on my end that may be causing popups to be hidden behind the main screen? There are times, and i will say that they are infrequent, when I perform an action like delete a line from an accounts payable entry, where the popup asking me if I really want to delete the line does not show up. I will wait and wait, since nothing appears to be happening. Upon minimizing the window or doing an Alt-Tab, the popup then shows up on the screen. Does anyone else encounter this? It is not a show stopper however it is sometimes annoying.

Time to go outside and shovel more snow!

Thanks for your feedback,
Steve Heller
Treasurer
Cranford United Methodist Church

NeilZ

Re: hidden popups

Post by NeilZ »

CranfordUMC wrote:I have been using PC Plus for over 10 years and just recently converted to the online version. Is there a setup problem on my end that may be causing popups to be hidden behind the main screen? There are times, and i will say that they are infrequent, when I perform an action like delete a line from an accounts payable entry, where the popup asking me if I really want to delete the line does not show up. I will wait and wait, since nothing appears to be happening. Upon minimizing the window or doing an Alt-Tab, the popup then shows up on the screen. Does anyone else encounter this? It is not a show stopper however it is sometimes annoying.

Time to go outside and shovel more snow!

Thanks for your feedback,
This is a new one as I've not seen this one previously. It does sound like some setup issue, good news. With Powerchurch Online, you have free phone support, may I suggest that you just give them a call during normal business hours.

If you get your fix, could you please post it here so we have that info available for others.

Thanks.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

CranfordUMC

Post by CranfordUMC »

Thanks Neil, I will give them a call next week and see if they have ever run into this. I am still on Windows 7 and am putting off going to Windows 10 for various reasons.
Steve Heller
Treasurer

Zorak
Tech Support
Tech Support

Post by Zorak »

I'm going to guess that double clicking the button that is generating the message box could cause this problem. The first click generates the popup, the second click gives focus back to the form before it can show you the popup.

CranfordUMC

Post by CranfordUMC »

I will try and be more aware that I don't double click and see if that solves the issue. I am still getting use to the slightly slower response from the online service compared to the local PC Plus response. Thanks!
Steve Heller
Treasurer