Vendor set up twice

Fund Accounting, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Payroll

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

Post Reply
TimD
Posts: 54
Joined: Tue Mar 04, 2008 12:58 pm
Location: Tigard, Oregon
Contact:

Vendor set up twice

Post by TimD »

I have accidently set-up a vendor twice, under 2 different vendor ID names, thus they each have had checks posted to them. I need to combine them into one vendor. Is there a way to move a vendor to another one and bring all the history along with it?

NeilZ
Posts: 10588
Joined: Wed Oct 08, 2003 1:20 am
Location: Dexter NM
Contact:

Re: Vendor set up twice

Post by NeilZ »

Linda W wrote:I have accidently set-up a vendor twice, under 2 different vendor ID names, thus they each have had checks posted to them. I need to combine them into one vendor. Is there a way to move a vendor to another one and bring all the history along with it?
In version 11.1/11.55, under Accounting -> Accounts Payable -> Setup there's the Reassign Vendor ID function. This will merge all the data under the one Vendor ID you choose to use.

If you're using a previous version, this functionality is not available and you're basically stuck with what you've got.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

Post Reply