We have a transaction created in AP for an amount of $321.19. The computer generated cheque was printed for that amount, and the "Vendor Activity Report" indicates that amount. However, FA only indicates $261.71.
The body of the FA journal has the section that says, "This cheque paid the following invoice(s):" and then lists the fours invoices. The amounts of the first three invoices match the first three journal debit entries, but the fourth invoice ($105.10) is a mismatch with the fourth journal debit entry ($45.62).
Of course, this prevents us from reconciling our bank statement as well, because the actual bank statement is for $321.19, while the reconcile report is for $261.71
Any suggestions?
AP Register not Matching FA Journal
Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support
Re: AP Register not Matching FA Journal
What does the Funds Account transaction show for the total debits & credits ??R.V.Fagan wrote:We have a transaction created in AP for an amount of $321.19. The computer generated cheque was printed for that amount, and the "Vendor Activity Report" indicates that amount. However, FA only indicates $261.71.
The body of the FA journal has the section that says, "This cheque paid the following invoice(s):" and then lists the fours invoices. The amounts of the first three invoices match the first three journal debit entries, but the fourth invoice ($105.10) is a mismatch with the fourth journal debit entry ($45.62).
Of course, this prevents us from reconciling our bank statement as well, because the actual bank statement is for $321.19, while the reconcile report is for $261.71
Any suggestions?
I have really not seen this type of issue being reported. If there was a program issue, there would be some postings about it.
The only way this type of thing can occur is if someone modified the invoice debit & credits in AP, or the unposted transaction in Funds Accounting. They would get an information message saying that this is not advisable, but the system will not stop that from happening.
The fix: Void the check in AP, post it to FA, and edit it to match the numbers on the original posted transaction. Then enter a MANUAL CHECK using the original check number, date, and the amounts as they should be to total 321.19, then post that to FA.
Post all those transactions, then check them off during the reconcile. Always do a backup before doing any sort of adjustment in case it doesn't come out right.
Neil Zampella
Using PC+ since 1999.
Using PC+ since 1999.
-
R.V.Fagan
- Posts: 86
- Joined: Mon Jan 23, 2012 8:48 pm
- Location: Conception Bay South, Newfoundland, Canada
- Contact:
Re: AP Register not Matching FA Journal
Is there a way to see the details of the post (accounting distribution) inside the AP module? I'm 99.999% certain it was not modified manually. And the FA journal looks proper except for the total amount and the distribution.
Re: AP Register not Matching FA Journal
You could export the tables to MS Access format using the Export to Access utility under the UTILITIES menu. You'd have to match the data items in the various tables, but you can see what was written in AP, then compare to what's in FA.R.V.Fagan wrote:Is there a way to see the details of the post (accounting distribution) inside the AP module? I'm 99.999% certain it was not modified manually. And the FA journal looks proper except for the total amount and the distribution.
Neil Zampella
Using PC+ since 1999.
Using PC+ since 1999.
-
R.V.Fagan
- Posts: 86
- Joined: Mon Jan 23, 2012 8:48 pm
- Location: Conception Bay South, Newfoundland, Canada
- Contact:
Re: AP Register not Matching FA Journal
I had a look inside the database export. The AP module only seems to store the cheque amount ($321.19), and not the distribution. I was wondering if PowerChurch personnel could point me to the distribution codes inside the AP module. The Fund Accounting journal entry is for $261.71.
As I mentioned earlier, the AP computer generated cheque was for $321.19, which is what is on the bank statement. I can do a correction journal inside of FA, but I would really like to better understand the source of the error.
As I mentioned earlier, the AP computer generated cheque was for $321.19, which is what is on the bank statement. I can do a correction journal inside of FA, but I would really like to better understand the source of the error.
Re: AP Register not Matching FA Journal
Did you look at the table APPAIDD, that's the table that has the account data. I just did an export of my AP module, and that table does list the accounts along with the debits and the credits (seen as a negative amount).R.V.Fagan wrote:I had a look inside the database export. The AP module only seems to store the cheque amount ($321.19), and not the distribution. I was wondering if PowerChurch personnel could point me to the distribution codes inside the AP module. The Fund Accounting journal entry is for $261.71.
As I mentioned earlier, the AP computer generated cheque was for $321.19, which is what is on the bank statement. I can do a correction journal inside of FA, but I would really like to better understand the source of the error.
Neil Zampella
Using PC+ since 1999.
Using PC+ since 1999.
-
R.V.Fagan
- Posts: 86
- Joined: Mon Jan 23, 2012 8:48 pm
- Location: Conception Bay South, Newfoundland, Canada
- Contact:
Re: AP Register not Matching FA Journal
Hmmmm - interesting. I see the "aptrans_no" inside the "APPAID" table which shows the $321.19 amount, however, it is not in the "APPAIDD" table. I guess there was a table corruption somehow. I will proceed with a correction. Thanks for your time and efforts.
Re: AP Register not Matching FA Journal
Possibly a table corruption, or possibly before the checks were printed, the amount of the check was adjusted, but the actual account transaction lines were not.R.V.Fagan wrote:Hmmmm - interesting. I see the "aptrans_no" inside the "APPAID" table which shows the $321.19 amount, however, it is not in the "APPAIDD" table. I guess there was a table corruption somehow. I will proceed with a correction. Thanks for your time and efforts.
If you look at the APPAIDD table, the aptrans_no is usually the CHECK Number. All the separate accounting lines should appear there under the check number.
Neil Zampella
Using PC+ since 1999.
Using PC+ since 1999.
-
R.V.Fagan
- Posts: 86
- Joined: Mon Jan 23, 2012 8:48 pm
- Location: Conception Bay South, Newfoundland, Canada
- Contact:
Re: AP Register not Matching FA Journal
There are no transactions in the APPLIED table for this cheque. It is totally absent. Inside the APPAIDD table, there only four fields: 'aptrans_no' (common field to APPAID), 'acct', 'descriptor', and 'amount'.
Inside the APPAID table there is the 'aptrans_no' field (common to APPAIDD), and the cheque number lives in the 'ref' field, and there is a 'check_id' field that sometimes matches the 'aptrans_no' field, but most often does not.
Interesting scenario...
Inside the APPAID table there is the 'aptrans_no' field (common to APPAIDD), and the cheque number lives in the 'ref' field, and there is a 'check_id' field that sometimes matches the 'aptrans_no' field, but most often does not.
Interesting scenario...
Re: AP Register not Matching FA Journal
I've been doing some additional review of the tables .. scratch what I said about the check number may equal the aptrans_Id .. my bad.R.V.Fagan wrote:There are no transactions in the APPLIED table for this cheque. It is totally absent. Inside the APPAIDD table, there only four fields: 'aptrans_no' (common field to APPAID), 'acct', 'descriptor', and 'amount'.
Inside the APPAID table there is the 'aptrans_no' field (common to APPAIDD), and the cheque number lives in the 'ref' field, and there is a 'check_id' field that sometimes matches the 'aptrans_no' field, but most often does not.
Interesting scenario...
The APPAIDD, I believe is the invoice detail table, the APPAID is the paid item which lists all the checks and invoices with who was paid, any notes, and who wrote it. I'm sure Zorak my come by to correct me on this, but the relationship with the tables seems to hold true.
The aptrans_no is a system generated number that connects the APPAID with the APPAIDD.
You should be able to find the entry with the check number in the APPAID 'ref' column, you can then use that to find the check_no from the APPAID, note this number does not refer to a paper check, but to an internally used number which links transactions in the APPAID.
You then use the check_no to find the OTHER entry in the APPAID for that total transaction. One entry is the check (which is why the check number is in the ref column) and the other is the invoice. The invoice entry is the one where you find the aptrans_no, which you then cross-reference to the APPAIDD to find the invoice's account line entries.
Does this help ??
Neil Zampella
Using PC+ since 1999.
Using PC+ since 1999.
-
R.V.Fagan
- Posts: 86
- Joined: Mon Jan 23, 2012 8:48 pm
- Location: Conception Bay South, Newfoundland, Canada
- Contact:
Re: AP Register not Matching FA Journal
Neil - You've hit the nail right on the head!!!! The 'aptrans_no' field in APPAID table equates to the 'check_id' field in the APPAIDD table which contains the distribution info.
In my case, one of the distributions was different from what got transferred to the FA module.
Thanks a million - I always like to understand as close as possible what went wrong. I just have to do a correction journal inside FA.
Cheers.
In my case, one of the distributions was different from what got transferred to the FA module.
Thanks a million - I always like to understand as close as possible what went wrong. I just have to do a correction journal inside FA.
Cheers.