I am using PC version 11.55 and have a question about an employee's "Time Off" page on "Maintain List of Employees". Last year because our secretary was trying to swap days off with me, the treasurer, so she didn't have to take vacation, I set up entries on the "Time Off" page titled "Sick", "Swap with Treasurer" and "Vacation". It got to be more trouble than it was worth to keep up with it, so I'm not doing that anymore.
The problem is when I print checks every pay period this year, those fields are still showing up on the pay stub. The boxes are all checked but there is no option to delete them. I've unchecked them so it doesn't print out, but if I forget to do that on the next check, it's still there. I suspect there are there because I did use them last year. How do I delete those fields permanently?
Betsy
Payroll-Time Off entries
Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support
Payroll-Time Off entries
BJW
Finance Committee-HPC
PC+ user since 2008
Grayson, GA
Finance Committee-HPC
PC+ user since 2008
Grayson, GA
Re: Payroll-Time Off entries
Unfortunately, I'm fairly sure that since it was used one year, the codes need to remain until you can delete old payroll data. I believe the IRS requirement is 7 years, so after that you can then:bjwhitson wrote:I am using PC version 11.55 and have a question about an employee's "Time Off" page on "Maintain List of Employees". Last year because our secretary was trying to swap days off with me, the treasurer, so she didn't have to take vacation, I set up entries on the "Time Off" page titled "Sick", "Swap with Treasurer" and "Vacation". It got to be more trouble than it was worth to keep up with it, so I'm not doing that anymore.
The problem is when I print checks every pay period this year, those fields are still showing up on the pay stub. The boxes are all checked but there is no option to delete them. I've unchecked them so it doesn't print out, but if I forget to do that on the next check, it's still there. I suspect there are there because I did use them last year. How do I delete those fields permanently?
Betsy
1. Delete the old data that is older than 7 years
2. Delete the custom time off codes.
Neil Zampella
Using PC+ since 1999.
Using PC+ since 1999.
Re: Payroll-Time Off entries
Thanks, Neil,
Not what I was hoping to hear but I can deal with it.
Thanks,
Betsy
Not what I was hoping to hear but I can deal with it.
Thanks,
Betsy
BJW
Finance Committee-HPC
PC+ user since 2008
Grayson, GA
Finance Committee-HPC
PC+ user since 2008
Grayson, GA