Custom Report for mailing category and contributions

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

radiorobin

Custom Report for mailing category and contributions

Post by radiorobin »

Can I run a report to show me contributions and/or pledges, by mailing category?

I have a "prospects" mailing category. I want to send a letter saying we miss you, etc... But I want to be sure it doesn't go to anyone that has given or pledged in the last few months.

Thanks for any help!
Robin Robinson
General Manager
WHIF • 91.3 Hope FM
3419 St. Johns Avenue • Palatka, Florida 32177
386-325-3334
Robin

Zorak
Tech Support
Tech Support

Re: Custom Report for mailing category and contributions

Post by Zorak »

The custom reports in Contributions are only available for unposted OR posted OR pledges. You are not able to mix and match information.

radiorobin

Post by radiorobin »

Ok but is there a way to include just a particular mailing category?
Robin

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

radiorobin wrote:Ok but is there a way to include just a particular mailing category?
That is one of the selection criteria you can use to select records in custom reports, along with the personal status code and other fields.

However, there are two standard reports that could help you, but the selection criteria is personal status codes only.

The Contributors that have not given and the Contributors that have not pledged reports will show you that, but again you would have to either manually verify one report against the other, or save to an excel spreadsheet, remove the headers then sort on the envelope number field to see if a contributor has given, but not pledged, or vice versa.

If there is only one entry, then they have either given or pledged, if there are two entries, then they have done neither and are a prospect for your letter.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.