Searching by Reference Number in Media Library?

Events, Record Keeping, Utilities

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

ChristGuard

Searching by Reference Number in Media Library?

Post by ChristGuard »

We would love to use PowerChurch to maintain a church book library. When adding books to our media library we see a spot for "Reference number" . We have a barcode scanner and can easily scan each book's ISBN barcode as the reference number. We would love it if when someone checks out a book we can simply search for the book by that reference number. As it stands I only see a way to search via Title, is there something I am missing? Is there a way to search by reference number? If not, then what is that field intended for? Thanks!

Zorak
Tech Support
Tech Support

Re: Searching by Reference Number in Media Library?

Post by Zorak »

Currently, there is not a way to look up by ISBN/Reference No.

An easy fix to this would for us to add that field to the Locate list. That would allow you to re-sort the list by Reference No. and type (or probably scan) the number to bring up that particular entry.

We will get this added as a suggestion and will see about rolling it out in a Maintenance Release for Version 11.55.

ChristGuard

Post by ChristGuard »

Any ETA on 11.55? I would love to know if we should add all of our books into PowerChurch, or if we should buy a separate piece of software for the Library. Thanks!

Zorak
Tech Support
Tech Support

Post by Zorak »

This has been done and is in the process of being tested. We don't do Maintenance Releases in the latter part of the week, so we will be testing and hopefully will be able to get it released next week or the following.

ChristGuard

Post by ChristGuard »

Wow, that's Amazing! Thanks! :P