Manioulating Reports

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

LABTS

Manioulating Reports

Post by LABTS »

In the Power Church system is there a way to manipulate a report? There are certain reports which have all t he right information, however, would I be able to change the location of the address or something of that nature??

Stephen

Zorak
Tech Support
Tech Support

Re: Manioulating Reports

Post by Zorak »

There is a custom report writer that you can use to create reports from scratch. Unfortunately, the built-in reports cannot be manipulated in the program. At best, you can save the report to an Excel file and modify it outside the program.

LABTS

Re: Manioulating Reports

Post by LABTS »

Zorak wrote:There is a custom report writer that you can use to create reports from scratch. Unfortunately, the built-in reports cannot be manipulated in the program. At best, you can save the report to an Excel file and modify it outside the program.
Where would I be able to find the custom writer?

Stephen

NeilZ

Re: Manipulating Reports

Post by NeilZ »

LABTS wrote:
Zorak wrote:There is a custom report writer that you can use to create reports from scratch. Unfortunately, the built-in reports cannot be manipulated in the program. At best, you can save the report to an Excel file and modify it outside the program.
Where would I be able to find the custom writer?

Stephen
It depends on the PCPlus module:

In the Membership module it can be found in the following menu locations: <Membership Function *> -> Other Output -> Custom Reports - * (Family Mailing List, Personal Profiles, Activities & Skills, etc).

In Accounting it may reside under the Other Output submenu, or it can be a submenu itself.

In Contributions its under Other Output.

Take a look through the menus, you'll find each area's custom report function very easily.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

LABTS

Post by LABTS »

Thanks. One more question. How do you utilize it in the system. When I try to print a contributions report O don't see the custom choices. Thanks again.

Stephen

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

LABTS wrote:Thanks. One more question. How do you utilize it in the system. When I try to print a contributions report O don't see the custom choices. Thanks again.

Stephen
Two different areas: Contributions Reports are standard reports, they cannot be changed. If the standard reports does not provide what you want, you have to create the report you want from scratch using Custom Reports.

That said what are you looking for?
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.