trouble with new user set up

PowerChurch Online is an installation of PowerChurch Plus that resides on our servers, which you access remotely from across the internet.

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

kimvdh

trouble with new user set up

Post by kimvdh »

Hi I added a new user one my end and gave her the download and set up instructions (I did the same for 2 other people and it worked fine) For some reason she is un able to download the program on her Mac (big green checkmark on the screen saying it installed successfully) but when she clicks on the PowerChurch icon, and the 'Go' button, it opens up an error message saying the program could not load. .. checked the compatibility-it says it can run on any OS newer than 10.7, and her Mac is running 10.9.5 so it should work. We tried installing and uninstalling numerous time, all to no avail. She also tried downloaded on her PC, but wouldn't run on it either, and that is on Windows 10. Very strange and not sure what else I can do.
Are we missing something?

NeilZ

Re: trouble with new user set up

Post by NeilZ »

kimvdh wrote:Hi I added a new user one my end and gave her the download and set up instructions (I did the same for 2 other people and it worked fine) For some reason she is un able to download the program on her Mac (big green checkmark on the screen saying it installed successfully) but when she clicks on the PowerChurch icon, and the 'Go' button, it opens up an error message saying the program could not load. .. checked the compatibility-it says it can run on any OS newer than 10.7, and her Mac is running 10.9.5 so it should work. We tried installing and uninstalling numerous time, all to no avail. She also tried downloaded on her PC, but wouldn't run on it either, and that is on Windows 10. Very strange and not sure what else I can do.
Are we missing something?
As far as the Windows version, did she download the Windows version found here:
http://mypowerchurch.com/clients/powerchurchonline.exe

Now the MAC has some issue, and its evidently a known issue on some versions of OS X. Please review this reply to another Mac user having issues: https://www.powerchurch.com/forum/viewt ... 232#p39148

Powerchurch Online users have FREE phone support, I'd give them a call if the fix linked to in the above reply doesn't work.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.