Pledge/Unpledged Totals Report

Contributions, Faith Promises

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

stmarks1492

Pledge/Unpledged Totals Report

Post by stmarks1492 »

I am attempting to identify who has contributed to a fund but did not pledge to this fund. I ran the "posted contributions" report, selected dates, selected fund, and check the "show pledge info" box an unchecked everything else. After reviewing this report it shows contributors as some of the "non-pledge" givers although I have entered their pledge for 2017 in the "Maintain Pledge" section. Can you help me straighten this out?

Thanks!
Cindy

NeilZ

Re: Pledge/Unpledged Totals Report

Post by NeilZ »

stmarks1492 wrote:I am attempting to identify who has contributed to a fund but did not pledge to this fund. I ran the "posted contributions" report, selected dates, selected fund, and check the "show pledge info" box an unchecked everything else. After reviewing this report it shows contributors as some of the "non-pledge" givers although I have entered their pledge for 2017 in the "Maintain Pledge" section. Can you help me straighten this out?

Thanks!
Cindy
Have you tried the List of Contributors Who Have Not Pledged report? This was designed to do exactly what you want
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

stmarks1492

Post by stmarks1492 »

The report you are talking about did not give me the information I was looking for. I looked under the contribution tab and saw there is a report that would allow me to search for contributions not applied to a pledge and discovered the information I was looking for. Why would contributions not already be applied to a pledge (after I posted) if I have entered it as a pledge (to a certain fund) to begin with? There were several contributors who have been set up in the "maintain pledge" for 2017 and their contributions were not being applied to their pledge. I cannot see where I missed a step. Can you help?

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

stmarks1492 wrote:The report you are talking about did not give me the information I was looking for. I looked under the contribution tab and saw there is a report that would allow me to search for contributions not applied to a pledge and discovered the information I was looking for. Why would contributions not already be applied to a pledge (after I posted) if I have entered it as a pledge (to a certain fund) to begin with? There were several contributors who have been set up in the "maintain pledge" for 2017 and their contributions were not being applied to their pledge. I cannot see where I missed a step. Can you help?
Usually, this is usually due to the dates of the pledge being outside the dates of the contribution .. for example: Contribution dated 1/1/2017, and the pledge dates entered was 01/15/2017 thru 12/30/2017.

Or the contribution was entered against a different fund than what the pledge was setup for.

I'm assuming you're using the standard "Enter Contributions" function.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

JoanH

Post by JoanH »

I have just been putting in pledges for a capital campaign and many of the contributors have said that they will contribute in a certain month. I wanted to use the Late Payers Report to be able to remind contributors to pay, but have also discovered that if someone pays ahead of time, their payment is not recorded against their pledge. So, I'm going to have to go back in and put all the start dates back to January 1, I guess - unless someone has a better suggestion. And I'm concerned that if people pay after their end date, will that also not be recorded against their pledge. :wall:

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

joanhill@rogers.com wrote:I have just been putting in pledges for a capital campaign and many of the contributors have said that they will contribute in a certain month. I wanted to use the Late Payers Report to be able to remind contributors to pay, but have also discovered that if someone pays ahead of time, their payment is not recorded against their pledge. So, I'm going to have to go back in and put all the start dates back to January 1, I guess - unless someone has a better suggestion. And I'm concerned that if people pay after their end date, will that also not be recorded against their pledge. :wall:
You can change the dates to the beginning of the year, then search for contributions that match the pledge, you have to run the 'search for contributions as the system will not automatically find them. Otherwise you can just find those contributors who paid ahead of time and add that amount to the pledge start balance box on the "Pledge Information" under the Maintain Pledges function of Contributions.

Again, for 'late payers', you can enter that amount on the start balance box for it to show up as fulfilling the pledge.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.