Version 12 - 02/21/2018 Maintenance Release

This forum is dedicated to information about Maintenance Releases

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

Zorak
Tech Support
Tech Support

Version 12 - 02/21/2018 Maintenance Release

Post by Zorak »

A new Maintenance Release dated 02/21/2018 has been released for PowerChurch Plus Version 12.

The program will automatically download and install this update by going to Help > Download Maintenance Release, or you can manually download and install the Maintenance Release installer by visiting https://www.powerchurch.com/mr in your web browser.

PowerChurch Online servers will be updated automatically overnight. No further action needs to be taken.

This Maintenance Release resolves the following issues:

Membership
  • User with access only permissions in Personal Profiles can't scroll notes field
  • Permanently add to activity doesn't work if there are no members in the activity
Contributions
  • Pledged to Actual report, cap percentages to 999%
  • Vanco Payment Solutions import doesn't handle % shares across accounting funds correctly
  • Tax Receipts sent by e-mail may not all have signature image
  • Added Print Sample button next to Import Signature button in Contributions Setup and on Contribution Statements/Tax Receipts step
Accounts Receivable
  • Add payment without existing invoices, new item date should match payment date
  • Add payment invoice items aren't properly sorted
  • Added History button to View Payment screen to see created, edited, posted by user and date
  • Selected Payments report can error
Payroll
  • Connecticut employee tax calculation is wrong if in the highest tier of income
  • Unposted Payroll report truncates the first digit of "Direct Deposit" payment method
Events
  • Date format on Events Schedule report is wrong
General
  • Cannot backup to a UNC path
  • Restore a backup from network drive can error
  • Added PC12FixCR utility to Install directory to replace/reinstall Crystal Reports files

Lynn

Re: Version 12 - 02/21/2018 Maintenance Release

Post by Lynn »

Hi, I keep getting this error while installing the Maintenance Release:

An error occurred while trying to replace the existing file:
DeleteFile failed, Code 32.

Network install, we rebooted all 3 computers that use PowerChurch and CheckIn but still get this error.

Help!

Zorak
Tech Support
Tech Support

Post by Zorak »

That message means that the local exe file (pcplus12.exe) wasn't able to be overwritten by the updated program on the server/host computer. Since rebooting didn't fix it and all three computers are having the problem, it is likely either a permissions issue on the Windows user that is logged in or a third party software like antivirus/security is holding the file open for scanning.

The easiest thing to try is running PowerChurch as administrator. Instead of double clicking the icon to run PowerChurch, right click and choose Run as Administrator. That will elevate the Windows user privileges and allow the file to be overwritten.

If that doesn't work, the next thing to look at is the antivirus/security software. See if it has an option to disable for five minutes or something like that and try running the program again.

Lynn

Post by Lynn »

Just an FYI in case this happens to others - we shut down “PowerChurch Server” service that’s running on the server for CheckIn, I was then able to install the maintenance release and all is working fine now!

Thanks for your help!

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

Lynn wrote:Just an FYI in case this happens to others - we shut down “PowerChurch Server” service that’s running on the server for CheckIn, I was then able to install the maintenance release and all is working fine now!

Thanks for your help!
Lynn,

I have both running on our 'server' computer (admin assistant's computer) and have not had to shut down the Powerchurch Check-in Server. The server running should not affect the main PCPLUS12 program installation, as the server normally accesses the data files only.

Did you ever have to do that previously ??
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

Lynn

Post by Lynn »

Hi, sorry I just saw your question. That was the first time we had to shut it down but I had to again for the Maintenance release that just came out. I got the same code 32 error and as soon as we turned PowerChurch off on the server the release loaded fine.

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

Lynn wrote:Hi, sorry I just saw your question. That was the first time we had to shut it down but I had to again for the Maintenance release that just came out. I got the same code 32 error and as soon as we turned PowerChurch off on the server the release loaded fine.
Really don't understand what is different at your site. Powerchurch Check-In really has nothing to do with Powerchurch Plus v12, other than accessing the data files. I've done some checking, and there has not been any report of such an issue happening at least in the past 5 years, as that's how far back I looked.

That said, if you have to shut down Powerchurch Check-In server to load the updates at your site, then it appears that is what you have to do. Without seeing exactly how your computer permissions are setup, we can only speculate what the problem is.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

Lynn

Post by Lynn »

I am just the middle person so I can't shed any light on what is different here. This is what our Tech did to make the release load - strange indeed as I thought we had a standard install.
Thanks for your input!

Zorak
Tech Support
Tech Support

Post by Zorak »

The Maintenance Release installer looks to see if the Check In server/service is running and temporarily stops it while the install is happening. You should see a notification that it is happening. My guess would be that the Check In server is running on a different computer, connecting to the server where PowerChurch is hosted, so when installing the MR on the server it doesn't have access to shut down the Check In service, which leaves files in use.

If this is how you are set up, Check In will run better if the Check In Server is installed on the actual server computer where PowerChurch Plus is being hosted. This would take extra network traffic out of the mix and allow Check In to access the PowerChurch data much more quickly.