Electronic Giving Options

Contributions, Faith Promises

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

Maranatha.Trsr

Electronic Giving Options

Post by Maranatha.Trsr »

We've been using DWOLLA for Online Electronic giving for several years. Dwolla offered Low cost ACH transactions only. (No cards). Cost has been about 0.05% of contribution (they used to be a 25 cent transaction fee)
Unfortunately, they (DWOLLA) are discontinuing this product November 1st and we need to look for another solution.

Being able to take cards and ACH transactions is preferable and we need the ability for donors to schedule recurring contributions.
I understand the PC+ will integrate with Vanco. We have about 20 transactions per month totaling about $5,000 in contirbutions.
It doesn't take long to enter the donations in PC+ so I'm more concerned about the donor experience and the lowest rates for the church than I am about my time. (I'm a volunteer so my time is free!)

Vanco or Paypal fees seem high. Is anyone out there aware of a working solution that is less expensive?

Thanks,
Harold Kropf, Treasurer
Maranatha Fellowship, Inc.

NeilZ

Re: Electronic Giving Options

Post by NeilZ »

Powerchurch recommends Vanco as their electronic payment partner, and there is built-in integration for that product.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

tborgal

Post by tborgal »

Harold,
We just started using Vanco in the pat few months and have found it to be very user friendly. Transactions download directly into PC+. There is a bit of front end work that needs to be done in PC+ before you do any importing however. There is tutorials to help you with that. Once you associate a donor with their envelope number in PC+ the donation is put directly into the contribution module and credited to the donor. ACH transfer fees are $0.90 each, 0.45 to remove it from the donor account and 0.45 to deposit it in your account, and credit/debit card charges are about 3%. Vanco is very helpful and will guide you through the process. There may be cheaper providers but there are none that are easier to use for PC+ users.
Tom

whfpc

Post by whfpc »

We started using SecureGive in April and have online, app and text to give. Simple import and prices are good.

Robin

TonyL222

Post by TonyL222 »

whfpc wrote:We started using SecureGive in April and have online, app and text to give. Simple import and prices are good.

Robin
We also use SecureGive Vision. Not a direct integration into PC+, but a simple export/import.

LizAA

Post by LizAA »

We are trying to figure out what's best for online giving for the first time...
Does anyone use or has tried Tithe.ly? If so, what was your experience with it interfacing with PowerChurch? We have less than 30 donors each week so manual entry would not be a problem but using a CSV file may or may not be more efficient. Just want to know of anyone's experience on how this online giving process works.. do you have the regular Sunday counters and then have someone processing the online giving donations later that week?

Liz A

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

LizAA wrote:We are trying to figure out what's best for online giving for the first time...
Does anyone use or has tried Tithe.ly? If so, what was your experience with it interfacing with PowerChurch? We have less than 30 donors each week so manual entry would not be a problem but using a CSV file may or may not be more efficient. Just want to know of anyone's experience on how this online giving process works.. do you have the regular Sunday counters and then have someone processing the online giving donations later that week?

Liz A
You can import a CSV file for contributions, but then you may have to manually account for any fees charged by the site you use. Vanco does interface directly with Powerchurch, others do not.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

GEBCbookkeeper

Post by GEBCbookkeeper »

LizAA wrote:We are trying to figure out what's best for online giving for the first time...

Liz A
We just started using Tithely and it's not my favorite to be honest. We are doing manual entry as using the CSV file to import requires the envelope number and it just seemed like it would take longer to add that info to the file than just enter it. What I don't care for is their reporting and website. Not terribly user friendly. I do the Tithely entries (monthly at this point, though I may change to weekly) rather than the Sunday counters who do the cash & checks from service.
Melissa Guay
Bookkeeper
Graham Emmanuel Baptist Church