Emailing to a Profile won't bring up Outlook

Got a question or comment about PowerChurch that doesn't belong anywhere else? Why not post it here!?

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

John Dykema

Emailing to a Profile won't bring up Outlook

Post by John Dykema »

If I sit at our server and do a single email to a Personal Profile record, it brings up Outlook and all is fine.
At my own desktop, if I email to a Profile, it brings up the Chrome browser. I've checked all the settings in preferences on both desktops and they appear to be the same. Any ideas as to why I can't email? BTW, our batch PrayerLine emails also work fine from the server.
Our outgoing email server is smtp.gmail.com 587 if that helps.
John

Zorak
Tech Support
Tech Support

Re: Emailing to a Profile won't bring up Outlook

Post by Zorak »

That functionality is just telling your Windows computer to send an e-mail using the default program that is registered to send e-mail. Since it is opening Chrome, I'm guessing it is expecting you to log in to Gmail or something.

If you have Outlook or some other actual e-mail client software installed, just make sure it is set in Windows to be the default program to handle e-mail.

John Dykema

Post by John Dykema »

Thanks much. That does make sense. I have gmail for personal mail and the office uses Outlook.
Not sure how to tell Windows to default to Outlook. Is there a quick setting to use?

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

John Dykema wrote:Thanks much. That does make sense. I have gmail for personal mail and the office uses Outlook.
Not sure how to tell Windows to default to Outlook. Is there a quick setting to use?
John,

if you have Outlook installed, you just have to tell Windows that its the default mail program.

Neil
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

John Dykema

Post by John Dykema »

I googled "default email" and it gave me the correct steps to follow.
Thanks much. I've appreciated you guys help for many years. John