Fatal Error in Events

Events, Record Keeping, Utilities

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

Turning Point

Fatal Error in Events

Post by Turning Point »

I get the following fatal error message about every 3rd time I'm in events. Once it shows up, PC will crash consistently for the next couple of hours when I try to make changes to the calendar.

Fatal error: Exception code=C0000005 @ 11/02/2018 09:54:19
AM. Error log file C:/Program Files (x86)\Common
Files\Microsoft Shared\VFP\vfp9err.log
Called from - pc line 311
{C:\PowerChurch\PCPLUS115\pc.prg
c:\powerchurch\pcplus115\pcpplus115.exe)

Lisa

NeilZ

Re: Fatal Error in Events

Post by NeilZ »

Turning Point wrote:I get the following fatal error message about every 3rd time I'm in events. Once it shows up, PC will crash consistently for the next couple of hours when I try to make changes to the calendar.

Fatal error: Exception code=C0000005 @ 11/02/2018 09:54:19
AM. Error log file C:/Program Files (x86)\Common
Files\Microsoft Shared\VFP\vfp9err.log
Called from - pc line 311
{C:\PowerChurch\PCPLUS115\pc.prg
c:\powerchurch\pcplus115\pcpplus115.exe)

Lisa
What is actually needed is the information from the Error Log - which is found here:
C:/Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\VFP\vfp9err.log

However, that error code reflects a memory error where the system is throwing an error. It could be due to other programs on your computer that is running at the same time. The only recourse is to reboot the computer to clear out the memory, which is why if you continue to work without rebooting you keep getting the same error.

What version of Windows are you running, and how much RAM is on your computer?

I've not seen this type of error reported here in a very long time, in fact the last time was in 2012, so I'm fairly confident that its limited to your computer. However, here's an answer given by one of the techs:
You are going to need to contact support. A C5 is the error reported when a really low lever problem occurs in the programming language we use. Basically the language itself cannot report the error. Possible causes could be anything from a bad driver somewhere on the system to a data table that is so corrupted that it is corrupting memory when read.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

Turning Point

Re: Fatal Error in Events

Post by Turning Point »

Thanks. I'll show this to our IT guy. I don't have any .log files in that folder, they are all .dll. I know my system if very old.

Lisa