PC Architecture - FoxPro?

Got a question or comment about PowerChurch that doesn't belong anywhere else? Why not post it here!?

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

LGPC-John

PC Architecture - FoxPro?

Post by LGPC-John »

Looking to implement PC (probably +) for a church and there is a question concerning stability of the software. Our understanding is that FoxPro is still the basis for PC and that Microsoft Extended Support ended in 2015. Is FoxPro used? Are there any definitive plans to rewrite (replace FoxPro) PC? Are there current or foreseeable problems with PC related to using FoxPro?

NeilZ

Re: PC Architecture - FoxPro?

Post by NeilZ »

LGPC-John wrote:Looking to implement PC (probably +) for a church and there is a question concerning stability of the software. Our understanding is that FoxPro is still the basis for PC and that Microsoft Extended Support ended in 2015. Is FoxPro used? Are there any definitive plans to rewrite (replace FoxPro) PC? Are there current or foreseeable problems with PC related to using FoxPro?
Right now the platform is Foxpro. It has been a very stable platform for years, and there isn't a need to worry about the stability of the program. I've been using Powerchurch at one location or another since 1998/1999 and have not seen any issues on Windows XP, 7, 8.1 and 10.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

LGPC-John

Post by LGPC-John »

Thanks for the quick response and confidence in the current architecture (FoxPro) - it does look good.
I am new to the Forum - How do I get a reply from the PowerChurch development team concerning any plans to rewrite PowerChurch in order to replace (or not) FoxPro?

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

LGPC-John wrote:Thanks for the quick response and confidence in the current architecture (FoxPro) - it does look good.
I am new to the Forum - How do I get a reply from the PowerChurch development team concerning any plans to rewrite PowerChurch in order to replace (or not) FoxPro?
Frankly, they do not release any information on future developments other than minor updates and fixes.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

Jeff
Program Development
Program Development

Post by Jeff »

There will be additional products and services coming in the future.

The desktop PowerChurch Plus program will likely remain as-is in its current form. We will continue developing new features, adding to and improving the software, releasing new version upgrades every couple of years, but a complete tear-down and redesign of the PowerChurch Plus desktop platform won't likely happen.

We are committed to keeping a quality desktop software product for those who want it, while continuing the development of other technologies for those who are looking for something other than a desktop application.