Fund numbers with vanco

Contributions, Faith Promises

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

jmejeur

Fund numbers with vanco

Post by jmejeur »

Hello all, my church has been using PowerChurchPlus for quite a while now for accounting. I am setting up online giving at our church and have gotten all the way to importing our first "trial" giving that we made thru vanco. My problem comes after I log in and download the contribution from vanco. For information- we have 14 different funds set up in power church and I am trying to make sure the donations track to the correct funds. My issue is that when I look at my donation info from vanco I have all red indicating I need to link the donation to the person and fund. Person is no problem. If I hit the look up for the fund, none of the fund numbers shown match the funds we are actually using?? example- our youth group fund is actually fund 10 in power church but when I hit the look up on the vanco import screen it may say fund 10 is missions or something else. In addition, the look up gives me all kinds of funds we don't or have never used. It shows something like 20 or more different funds? I am confused on how to proceed.

NeilZ

Re: Fund numbers with vanco

Post by NeilZ »

jmejeur wrote:Hello all, my church has been using PowerChurchPlus for quite a while now for accounting. I am setting up online giving at our church and have gotten all the way to importing our first "trial" giving that we made thru vanco. My problem comes after I log in and download the contribution from vanco. For information- we have 14 different funds set up in power church and I am trying to make sure the donations track to the correct funds. My issue is that when I look at my donation info from vanco I have all red indicating I need to link the donation to the person and fund. Person is no problem. If I hit the look up for the fund, none of the fund numbers shown match the funds we are actually using?? example- our youth group fund is actually fund 10 in power church but when I hit the look up on the vanco import screen it may say fund 10 is missions or something else. In addition, the look up gives me all kinds of funds we don't or have never used. It shows something like 20 or more different funds? I am confused on how to proceed.
This sounds more like a Vanco setup issue, I would give Vanco a call as they can assist you directly.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

jmejeur

Post by jmejeur »

When I start an import in power church isn't the window that pops up part of the power church software? It searches our power church program data for the available funds to link to? I am kind of confused??

the import shows the donation and we have to make sure it goes to the proper spot in out PC+ accounting. I am confused why this would be a Vanco issue? How would Vanco know what funds we have set up in our PC+ program?

Forgot to add, we are using version12 of power church plus.

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

jmejeur wrote:When I start an import in power church isn't the window that pops up part of the power church software? It searches our power church program data for the available funds to link to? I am kind of confused??

the import shows the donation and we have to make sure it goes to the proper spot in out PC+ accounting. I am confused why this would be a Vanco issue? How would Vanco know what funds we have set up in our PC+ program?

Forgot to add, we are using version12 of power church plus.
You said that the imported fund number does not match to what you have in your Powerchurch system. I'm assuming that you're talking about Contribution Funds when you talk about a 'fund'.

The window that pops up is in Powerchurch, but the data is coming from Vanco, if the data is incorrect, then it follows that Vanco does not have the correct fund number matches.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

jmejeur

Post by jmejeur »

Ok, I understand now what you are saying. I guess I didn't explain myself correctly.

Irregardless of what number the account was assigned in Vanco, you should be able to link it to a fund in our PC+. When I select the "search funds" I was expecting to see the 14 current funds we has set up and then would be able to select what fund I want the donation to go to. What I get instead is a list of funds that only a few match to what we currently have set up.

Here is a list of the funds we have set up in PC+ and what I expected to see when I click on the spyglass "look up fund" icon:

1- operating
2- missions
3-benevolent
4- building
5- Christian Ed. support
6- memorial
7- cadets
8- gems
9- adult bible study
10- youth group
11- special
12- property
13- designated
14- ministry shares

What shows up when I click on the spyglass "look up fund" icon:

1- budget
2- missions
3- benevolent
4- building
5- Christian ed support
6- special
7- ministry shares
10- gospel mission
11- park village
13- youth unlimited
14- cadets
15- youth group
16- world renew
17- KDC
18- gems
19- loaves and fishes
20- a missionary
21- world missions
22- FRB
24- thanksgiving

some of these are actual funds, some are things we have given to in the past, some are special offerings we have taken. This is what is confusing me.

The search works as expected when I need to assign the donation to the correct person. It brings up the list of everyone in our congregation and their envelope number. I simply match the donation with the person. It is assigning the fund that is goofy.

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

jmejeur wrote:Ok, I understand now what you are saying. I guess I didn't explain myself correctly.

Irregardless of what number the account was assigned in Vanco, you should be able to link it to a fund in our PC+. When I select the "search funds" I was expecting to see the 14 current funds we has set up and then would be able to select what fund I want the donation to go to. What I get instead is a list of funds that only a few match to what we currently have set up.

Here is a list of the funds we have set up in PC+ and what I expected to see when I click on the spyglass "look up fund" icon:

1- operating
2- missions
3-benevolent
4- building
5- Christian Ed. support
6- memorial
7- cadets
8- gems
9- adult bible study
10- youth group
11- special
12- property
13- designated
14- ministry shares

What shows up when I click on the spyglass "look up fund" icon:

1- budget
2- missions
3- benevolent
4- building
5- Christian ed support
6- special
7- ministry shares
10- gospel mission
11- park village
13- youth unlimited
14- cadets
15- youth group
16- world renew
17- KDC
18- gems
19- loaves and fishes
20- a missionary
21- world missions
22- FRB
24- thanksgiving

some of these are actual funds, some are things we have given to in the past, some are special offerings we have taken. This is what is confusing me.

The search works as expected when I need to assign the donation to the correct person. It brings up the list of everyone in our congregation and their envelope number. I simply match the donation with the person. It is assigning the fund that is goofy.
OK .. I'm going to assume that some of those are not ACTIVE any longer? Are they marked as inactive in Contributions Maintain List of Contribution Funds?

Try this, do a REINDEX of the system from the Reindex menu selection under UTILITIES. If that doesn't fix this issue. Let me know. I'll highlight this thread for one of the techs to review.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

Zorak
Tech Support
Tech Support

Post by Zorak »

NeilZ wrote:OK .. I'm going to assume that some of those are not ACTIVE any longer? Are they marked as inactive in Contributions Maintain List of Contribution Funds?

Try this, do a REINDEX of the system from the Reindex menu selection under UTILITIES. If that doesn't fix this issue. Let me know. I'll highlight this thread for one of the techs to review.
That is exactly what I would suggest.

Looking in the code, the Lookup button on the Edit Contribution form is only selecting Active contribution funds, so that shouldn't be the problem.

When something weird like that happens, our first suggestion is always to reindex, just to rule that out as a problem.

jmejeur

Post by jmejeur »

ok, I think it's figured out. I am working with our accounting firm now as well. Some of these things were old and still active. I think we are on track to get things corrected. Thanks for all your help.