Credit Memo Help .. Again

Fund Accounting, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Payroll

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

ngaham

Credit Memo Help .. Again

Post by ngaham »

Shortly after I began using the AR module on PC, I had a member come to me and point out that their invoiced amount was wrong. Assuming I knew what I was doing, I just issued a credit memo on their account for $160.00. That credit memo was recently applied to an invoice. Because I have not come to understand credit memos better I realized that this was wrong. When I run the Balance Sheet by Fund report I see that I have a -160 balance in the credit memos, obviously due to this transaction. I have reversed the application of the credit memo, however I can't delete the credit memo. I am not sure what to do next as I want to edit the invoice and fix the amount so it is done correctly, however the delete credit memo is grayed out.

NeilZ

Re: Credit Memo Help .. Again

Post by NeilZ »

ngaham wrote:Shortly after I began using the AR module on PC, I had a member come to me and point out that their invoiced amount was wrong. Assuming I knew what I was doing, I just issued a credit memo on their account for $160.00. That credit memo was recently applied to an invoice. Because I have not come to understand credit memos better I realized that this was wrong. When I run the Balance Sheet by Fund report I see that I have a -160 balance in the credit memos, obviously due to this transaction. I have reversed the application of the credit memo, however I can't delete the credit memo. I am not sure what to do next as I want to edit the invoice and fix the amount so it is done correctly, however the delete credit memo is grayed out.
Where did you reverse the application of the credit memo?

This may have to wait until Monday, as I've not come across this issue in my use of the AR module, and I'd rather not give suggestions that I can't be sure of. I'll flag this one for the techs on Monday.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

Zorak
Tech Support
Tech Support

Re: Credit Memo Help .. Again

Post by Zorak »

In the current design, it looks like in your scenario, you are just stuck with that open credit memo. Once things have posted transaction activity, they can't be deleted.

In this scenario, you should be able to delete the credit memo. We have written up a bug report and will get that fixed in a future Maintenance Release.