Default Save Location

Got a question or comment about PowerChurch that doesn't belong anywhere else? Why not post it here!?

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

CoveBaptist

Default Save Location

Post by CoveBaptist »

Is it possible to change the default save location for reports?

John Dykema

Re: Default Save Location

Post by John Dykema »

I second that. I'd like to be able to file reports into some other document folder instead of searching the PCPlus umpteen files.

Zorak
Tech Support
Tech Support

Post by Zorak »

In custom reports, it is not possible to change the save location, other than typing the full path where you want the file to go.

The built-in reports in PowerChurch Plus default to your My Documents folder, which should be easy to find after the fact.

sgbani

Post by sgbani »

Bringing up an old thread / question. Is it possible that in PC+12, the save as path for the built-in reports can default to the last folder used? I could not see where this may be altered / preference setting.

In a given session, I tend to create several reports, and it would be nice if in that session the report saving location defaults to the last folder used. I say this because after awhile, my folder organization gets to a point where it takes a number of repetitive clicking to the desired folder for saving each report.
It could reset to the default My Documents each time one starts PC+ session.

Or, is this not really feasible due to various Windows' versions restrictions / coding issues?

I realize it is a rather minor thing, but it would speed things up when doing multiple reports.

Any thoughts / comments are appreciated.

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

sgbani wrote:Bringing up an old thread / question. Is it possible that in PC+12, the save as path for the built-in reports can default to the last folder used? I could not see where this may be altered / preference setting.

In a given session, I tend to create several reports, and it would be nice if in that session the report saving location defaults to the last folder used. I say this because after awhile, my folder organization gets to a point where it takes a number of repetitive clicking to the desired folder for saving each report.
It could reset to the default My Documents each time one starts PC+ session.

Or, is this not really feasible due to various Windows' versions restrictions / coding issues?

I realize it is a rather minor thing, but it would speed things up when doing multiple reports.

Any thoughts / comments are appreciated.
I don't think its done currently due to the multiuser capability of Powerchurch, having one default may not be accessable by all. That's not to say that it may not be added sometime in the future. If you want, you can send an email to 'wishlist@powerchurch.com' and let them know what you want to see, how it will be used, how it will save you time, and how it will benefit other Powerchurch users.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.