Can you search other information

Family Mailing List, Personal Profiles, Activities and Skills, Attendance, Visitations

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

Bowerbrandon

Can you search other information

Post by Bowerbrandon »

We are putting data in the "Other information" field. Is there a way to search this? for example. I put that John Smith was the pastor of Gateway church. But I couldnt remember Johns name. Is there a way to search Gateway church in the other information field?

NeilZ

Re: Can you search other information

Post by NeilZ »

Bowerbrandon wrote:We are putting data in the "Other information" field. Is there a way to search this? for example. I put that John Smith was the pastor of Gateway church. But I couldnt remember Johns name. Is there a way to search Gateway church in the other information field?
You would have to create a custom report, and even then I'm not sure it would be easily done.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

Zorak
Tech Support
Tech Support

Post by Zorak »

A custom report would work, but a much quicker way would be to run a report that includes that information, such as the Selected Profiles - Full Details report and use the Find Text (binoculars icon) button in the Report Viewer toolbar to look for "Gateway church" or whatever text you are looking for.

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

Zorak wrote:A custom report would work, but a much quicker way would be to run a report that includes that information, such as the Selected Profiles - Full Details report and use the Find Text (binoculars icon) button in the Report Viewer toolbar to look for "Gateway church" or whatever text you are looking for.
I tend to forget about that feature :(
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.